Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Erm... Aren't I Supposed To Have Abs?

Funkadelic

I was casually "wafting" (or as close as I could possibly get to wafting in an MR2) at 60mph on a NSL road today, not really paying much attention to road signs when I suddenly realised that I was about to overshoot the turning I was after.

I braked heavily, but was instinctively working the brake so as not to lock up the wheels when I remembered I have ABS (by this point I was probably doing 20-30mph), so I just slammed on the brakes and to my surprise, the wheels locked up... I eased off a bit, applied the brakes hard and they locked up again so I just let the car slide to a halt.

Now, the second time the wheels locked up it is possible that I was travelling at under 10mph, or whatever speed the ABS requires me to be travelling at before it kicks in, but the firts time I was most definitely travelling at a speed between 20 and 30mph.

Surely that's not right?

I don't care much for ABS anyway to be honest as I never use to have it, but I was expecting it to work!

When you turn your key to the ON position, an abs light should come on (ABS in a circle) then go off after 2 or three seconds......IF you have ABS <_<

I definatly do, as I found out in the snow...... it's actually very good.

Yea i tried out the abs system last night, very useful in a tight spot! as john said, a light should come on in the ON position for a few seconds when starting up

ABS was an option on all MK2's so it wouldn't supprise me if you don't have it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links