Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint Job Or Mods?

JappyBeast

Paint job or Mods?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Paint job or Mods?

• Paint the car and buy the mods later
    • Keep the car red and buy the mods with a little left over

Its getting close to 'spending money on my two' time, ready for the summer but I have been having second thoughts.

Option 1 - I have the paint job I want doing on my MR2 and will cost £1500, I also plan to have skirts and a few other bits fitted too but will have to save up for the mods I want like rev6 low rise lights..etc.

Option 2 - Forget the full respray and buy all the mods I want and have a little money left over.

Recently, esp in the sunlight, the red paint looks amazing and has always been very shiny, not sure if I should get her painted the colour I want her. My girlfriend seems to think that getting rid of the red is a bad idea.

Kit it, then spend a little of the extra money you have for a proper good wax, of the professional kind...... like get someone to do it.

:thumbsup:

get it quick and modded first ..

The you'll not have to repaint suff when it's got bits added ..

mod it then save for the paint and do that later itll be more worth while

I think I'm falling in love with the red again.. been out today and propper polished it.

Might have to buy all the suff on my 'wish list' and get the paint job at a later stage.

paint job... paint job !!!

You know you want to.... but get it red again !! Super Red II.

red is a good colour.... old red MR2s fade etc.. why polish every other day to keep it looking good ?

Paint job !!!... then slowly buy all the mods etc you want.

My car goes into the bodyshop bright and early tomorrow morning. Curious as to what crap courtesy car I'm going to get.... :unsure:

My car goes into the bodyshop bright and early tomorrow morning.

Please tell me its a different bodyshop that painted your rear spoiler.

If its the same one dont go above 60mph or your car will shed its paint just like a snake shedding its skin then this is what you'll be doing.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Mods mods mods!

Worry about the respray later - It's not as important!

Plus once all the mods are done, if you've scratched any paint in the process you can get it sorted at the time of the respray.

your car, your money....

just sort it in your head logically, do you want to go faster or look newer ?

sam

i would say mods first.

if u get lots of mods and let someone else put them on/in, they may be careless and scratch or dent your car.

Definately mods first, then get it all sprayed at the same time.....

My car goes into the bodyshop bright and early tomorrow morning.

Please tell me its a different bodyshop that painted your rear spoiler.

If its the same one dont go above 60mph or your car will shed its paint just like a snake shedding its skin then this is what you'll be doing.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

spoke to them about that and assured there would be no probs... if there is I can kick their ***** !

Also ... CRD get all their car's re-sprayed there if needed etc... and they said they do a good job. ( apart from that spoiler )

If there are any issues I'll beat them with a mallet !

Doesnt sound good Jimlad.. there is no excuse for pealing paint.

So you gonna have a patchy MR2 ready for JAE? lol.

we'll see... lol

Na... all should be good.

The spoiler had probs because they didn't key the original paint on it

Jappybeast,

I know if I were to do it again, I would do mods first. Cos I still haven't done all my mods yet and mine has been painted for 2 years this year :(

But my ickle turbo engine will be here soon :rolleyes:

But at the end of the day, its your money matey

Nath :thumbsup:

depends mate... I'm saying paint job, but that's because I havce done quite a bit to my car and I'm just so eager to get my bodykit/paintjob complete.

But then again you have a N/A ... so what mods you looking at?

If you want to save money (I'm assuming you're after body mods) then mods first, paint job after. Engine mods etc. I would go paint job first, engine mods after, since you can't do a huge amount performance wise with a N/A.

Not really touching the engine much. Jimlad.. I could get a few more horses out of my MR2 yet!

Dont put the n/a down.

Hey mate, there's nothing wrong with an N/A. I've just bought one for Nicky (the other half). I've driven them before and they go very well indeed, and will be more predictable when pushed. We're a two MR2 family now :)

Hey mate, there's nothing wrong with an N/A. I've just bought one for Nicky (the other half). I've driven them before and they go very well indeed, and will be more predictable when pushed. We're a two MR2 family now :)

Seems we are the opposite!

My g/f has a tubby!

Yeah, funny, I hadn't thought of that! Are you both near of over 25? I only ask because if you put yourselves on each other's insurance you can drive both cars. For you that means access to a tubby:). For her it means a more economical car to take on longer journeys. Once I have Nick's car on the road (got to do a slight engine rebuild first possibly a respray if I have the time :) ) we'll be looking at around £1200 to insure both cars. The N/A is dead cheap at a snitch over £400, unfortunately the Turbo costs a tad more - around £800 at the moment, but looks like it will be around £700 at renewal :).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links