Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Mk1 Mr2

Surinder

Finally got my hands on one, not the one i would have picked (don't really like white cars) but due to the lack of mr2's on sale locally couldnt be too picky. And for £975 didnt seemed too badly priced.

Saw it advertised on www.mr2mk1club.com, picked it up last night.

Engine sounds like it is in good nick, no smoke or weird noises and has quite a bit of power. Not as quick as the YTS i had but a bit more fun to drive.

Previouse owner has replaced the timing belt, rear arches (one side replaced, other patched) and clutch in the last 12 months. Car has 74,000 on clock with past MOT certs to show mileage history. Did a AA Car check and history is clean.

Sadly no paperwork for service history as the prev. owner didnt keep any other paperwork :(

Intially only real problem seems to be spots of rust over the car, A, B pillars, front nose etc.

What's the best way to stop the rust getting worse? I havent got the funds or time to deal with the rust properly at the moment. Just want to stop any spread.

Also, other than oil levels in the engine, coolant levels etc., are there any other things i need to check on the car?

Like it mate, look after it and it should last another 74,000. Dont know anything about the Mk1, try a google search for guides and tips etc. or try Yorksoft Mr2 guides, very useful site for the Mk2 anyway

with rust you want to clean it and get water away from it .. sand it down and prime it ..

Sounds like a bargain too ..

with rust you want to clean it and get water away from it .. sand it down and prime it ..

Sounds like a bargain too ..

It'll be living under a car port from now on :thumbsup: and only be let out when the suns out.

Probably be 5 to 6 weeks before i get round to doing any work to the exterior.

Can wait for summer! get the roof off and just soak in the sun B)

Hi surinder

Looks good buddy. And it was a bargain mate for that price :thumbsup:

jerry!!

nice one dude! looks like a fine choice!

Like it mate, look after it and it should last another 74,000. Dont know anything about the Mk1, try a google search for guides and tips etc. or try Yorksoft Mr2 guides, very useful site for the Mk2 anyway

thanx mate, some good stuff here :thumbsup:

Yup .. get a pic on the gallery and let me know .. I'll add it to the members cars thread ..

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what happened to the YTS?

Got rid off it as i never really used it, did 5000 miles last year, and about 200 this year. I must be getting old, as i couldnt justify having that kind off money locked away in a car that didnt get used that often.

And I just fancied a change, and wanted a car to do up/tinker with. And always liked the Mk1's from the 1st day i saw one. Way back in the eights when i was about 10 or 11.

• 2 weeks later...

Wicked :thumbsup: - another Mk1 member, not many of us left me thinks!! See you at Gaydon on Sunday!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links