Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

De-badging!

Ryan1985

Hi all!

Wos just wonderin how 2 de-badge without using fishing wire (as mentioned in another thread) as i don't have any! Should i heat the Badge i'm gonna take off with a hairdryer or sumthin? Wot should i use 2 remove the glue left on the bodywork?

Cheers :thumbsup:

i heated it up with a hair dryer.. used dental floss to kinda saw through it behind it... and then used my finger to rub the glue into little balls and it comes right off.. i did it that way and it was very easy i had no problems at all!

i used a very flat tool thing my mate had. like a spatular just make sure it doesnt have jagged edges!

we used floss and hair dryer as well. This is fine on the back, only probs with front toyota Badge is that it has two little plastic errr, nobbly thingies, so floss doesn't go all the way behind.

To remove the glue i used some cleaner stuff called Peek, which cleans metal, glass, errr just about everything, isn't abrasive and is !Removed! brilliant, also fantastic at chrome for that nice bling effect.

there must be 100 threads for 'debadging' ... time for a writeup i think...

ryan, hairdyer to heat it up, dont get it too hot, use a flat piece of plastic... credit card works well.... lever it in behind, pull the badges off, take white spirit with a lint free cloth and rub the glue off the paint, wash the spirit off with water, polish and wax.

voila

Its dead easy, just take a chair out side with you.

Soak the badges in WD40 for about 20 mins or so that will loosed off the glue a bit so u dont need to hairdry it and risk blistering your paint work, then use a credit card and ur thubm and nails to get the glue off. Take your time and its dead wasy. finish off with a bit of Meguires ClearCoat Body Scrub and use some gold Class was to ficish it uff.

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links