Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blackburns New Owners Sack Manager

balli hi

CAKRHRAR.jpg

Blackburn have announced they have sacked manager Sam Allardyce.

In a shock move, new owners the Venky's Group have dispensed with the former Bolton boss' services despite Rovers sitting relatively comfortably in 13th in the Barclays Premier League.

"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club," Rovers said.

Allardyce's assistant Neil McDonald will also depart, with first team coach Steve Kean stepping into the breach temporarily.

The full statement from Rovers said: "The Venky's Group, owners of Blackburn Rovers Football Club, has today confirmed the departure of manager Sam Allardyce and assistant manager Neil McDonald with immediate effect.

"First team coaching duties will be taken on by Steve Keane (currently first team coach) for the immediate future.

"We have taken this decision as part of our wider plans and ambitions for the club. We would like to put on record our thanks to Mr Allardyce for his contribution to Blackburn Rovers Football Club."

Blackburn lost 2-1 away to local rivals Bolton yesterday, with their opponents down to 10 men. However, that defeat left them still five points clear of the bottom three and in no obvious danger.

Rovers new Indian owners stated they were looking to spice things up a little , whilst big Sam suspects fowl play.

One bookmaker did reveal a flurry of sizeable bets on Allardyce to be the next top-flight manager to vacate his post and slashed odds from 33/1 to 3/1 today.

William Hill also revealed many of the gamblers betting on Allardyce were also placing money on Avram Grant to leave West Ham, leading them to conclude Allardyce may be headed for Upton Park.

In all seriousness i think the silly season is upon us a bit early , Ray wilkins was doing a fantastic job at chelsea as assistant to Carlo Ancelotti ,then sacked at half time during a training match , no explanation was given by the club at the time .

Chris Hughton was doing a fantastic job at Newcastle , with very limited funds he gets them back into the premiership at the first attempt , and despite some great results beating Arzenal away and thumping their local rivals 5-1 their form remained a little indifferent , then after losing at home to blackburn 2-1 Hughton is sacked out of the blue and replaced with Alan Pardew ... who ? , now Big Sam , his style of football was not always to the liking of the purists but none the less effective , when he took over Blackburn from Paul Ince they were languishing in the nether regions of the prem and looking like certs to go down , big Sam has turned them around and they now sit a respectable 13th , then today sacked midway through the season , why ? :wacko:

article-1338467-0C78BFBC000005DC-302_634x382.jpg

The 1-0 victory at Old Trafford saw Sir Alex Ferguson's side leapfrog the Gunners at the top of the table after Park Ji-Sung's winner gave them all three points at Old Trafford.

The 1-0 victory at Old Trafford saw Sir Alex Ferguson's side leapfrog the Gunners at the top of the table after Park Ji-Sung's winner gave them all three points at Old Trafford.

Tut tut , whats that got to do with Big sam getting the tin tack ,if you had posted this in the whoops thread i might have understood :!Removed!: :lol2:

I was kind of eggspecting replies along these lines : The new owners were not happy after the team got a good stuffing at Old Trafford : I reckon the owners could end up with egg on their face : they'll be scraping around in the bargain bucket to find a new manager : The new owners are expecting a 5th place finish and their not yolking :The new owners were eggspecting a bit more wing play and they were not happy as the team ran around like headless chickens : Liverpool's ex assistant manager Paxo Ayestaran is in the running for the vacant managers job .

egg-cetera :D

then today sacked midway through the season , why ? :wacko:

Because football is now run by washer counters and oligarths who know nothing about football, other than the money that is awash in the game!

it's all about money, nothing else matters...............Very Sadly :censor: :censor: :censor:

Kingo :thumbsup:

then today sacked midway through the season , why ? :wacko:

Because football is now run by washer counters and oligarths who know nothing about football, other than the money that is awash in the game!

it's all about money, nothing else matters...............Very Sadly :censor: :censor: :censor:

was listening to radio 5 live yesterday and rodney marsh was on there.

he said he heared from a trusted friend that TEVEZ is the highest is paid player in europe, he says he is on £285000 a week. can this be true.

It would'nt surprise me , why else do you think Tevez , Yaya Toure , David silva etc have gone to City in the first place and the likes of John Terry and more recently Rooney have had their heads turned , i don't think its got anything to do with City's bulging trothy cabinet .

Man U.... Tevez.... what's that got to do with Blackburn???

The new owners reportedly want a British manager.... yet confirmed they had spoken to Maradona wtf?!

It won't be too much longer before Ewood Park is used to farm free-range chickens....

Kingo raised the point that our game is no longer about the football but all about money

Yer Maradona, Jol, et al.........well know Englishmen :lol:

Managers are all part of the game and know what is around the corner when you start to lose games, I should feel sorry for them but don't. I feel sorry for the loyal fans who are subjected to the abuse of having their manager sacked every 18 months or so

In all seriousness i think the silly season is upon us a bit early , Ray wilkins was doing a fantastic job at chelsea as assistant to Carlo Ancelotti ,then sacked at half time during a training match , no explanation was given by the club at the time .

Chris Hughton was doing a fantastic job at Newcastle , with very limited funds he gets them back into the premiership at the first attempt , and despite some great results beating Arzenal away and thumping their local rivals 5-1 their form remained a little indifferent , then after losing at home to blackburn 2-1 Hughton is sacked out of the blue and replaced with Alan Pardew ... who ? , now Big Sam , his style of football was not always to the liking of the purists but none the less effective , when he took over Blackburn from Paul Ince they were languishing in the nether regions of the prem and looking like certs to go down , big Sam has turned them around and they now sit a respectable 13th , then today sacked midway through the season , why ? :wacko:

I find the way that these managers get sacked somewhat ridiculous really, what baffles me though - is how do

they get around the unfair dissmissal laws. Or do these not apply to football managers.

The other thing is that in the real world - the overpaid 11 chaps out on the field would have to take personal

responsibility for their own performance. So youd imagine that if performances were genuinely unacceptable - some

of these overpaid chaps would be facing hard questions and a sacking or 3 as well.

Or have i missed something and that therefore the guy on 100 grand a week for kicking a white ball about the field

is not accountable for his performance in the way that you or i would be in our own work.

Red diesel

Red diesel

the guy on 100 grand a week for kicking a white ball about the field

is not accountable for his performance in the way that you or i would be in our own work.

Yep that about sums it up, this is Football, NOT the real world. A player comes in to a team, plays for a year or so of his 5 year contract, spits his dummy out because so and so has got in the team more than he has and is off. The Bosnam ruling has a lot to answer for, they sign a contract but it has very little meaning

On another note I see Alan Pardew signed a 5 1/2 year contract at Newcastle :eek: I bet his laywers have a right good clause in there if he is sacked, who in their right mind would go there on a two or three year deal? We need a few contracts which deducts points from teams if they arbitarily sack a manager mid contract, now that would put the cat amongst the pigeons! We will NEVER see that happen, like I say, it's all about money, and clubs deducted points might mean relegation / less money revenue streams

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links