Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

People Who Own Slow Cars

Bobby-H

Why is it that people who own crap cars always insist on calling my 2 a hairdressers car??? Just last night my housemates girlfriend called it a hairdressers car, I said she was jealous cos she drives a slow ***** heap of S***. Everybody else conceded that I was right and I preceeded to give her car a bit more of a slagging off for good measure. hehe :lol:

Seroiusly tho, what do you lot say when you meet idiots like that?

im still confused as to what a "hairdressers car" means... ive heard it before but what exactly does it mean?

i think that the term 'hair dressers car' implies that it's a little homosexual as most male hairdressers tend to be.... i.e. it's not a REAL MAN's car...

to be honest I don't know many hair dressers that drive mr2's though, and i know alot of hair dressers... :unsure:

what's up with this thread though, 'people who own slow cars' ? sorry to burst ur bubble m8 but if it's an N/A mk2 you've got then it's hardly the fastest car around...

not having a pop at the mr2, many of you know I highly desire an mr2 for the summer, but why the topic name?

Of course I'm not saying the MR2's are the fastest cars on the road but the types of cars that the poeple who go on about "hairdressers cars" tend to be cars like

Pug 105 (Deisel)

Rusty old corola

1.0 VW polo

in my experience

Let me see...

My Mk2 Golf was a very "manly" car.

It handled like a tank, did 0-60 in 12 seconds (automotive equivalent to three weeks) and was front wheel drive. How safe do you want to be?

The MR2 is AT LEAST twice as fast, very nimble owing to the fact that it weights nothing and is RWD, and it's engine is in the back... Definitely much more of a handful at the limit.

People who don't know about cars say the MR2 is a car for "hairdressers," because they look nice. Take them out for a spin flat out, get the back end out on a roundabout and then see what they think. If you can scare somebody ****less in it, then it's not a poncy car.

arguably though you could scare someone in any car if you were mad enough....

a 1.0 yaris would scare you if you were going sideways around a corner, or fish tailing towards oncoming traffic for example :lol:

dunno bout NA's but you are 100% guaranteed to scare ANYONE in a turbo who hasnt been in a MR2 before, even a stock one hehe, you dont even have to go totally ape with it. It's fun watching their reaction when you floor it in 1st... -> " :o "

yeah, some of my scariest moments were in my first car (a 1984 1.0L metro), not a car to try and drive fast, the brakes weren't too good!!

Hairdresser cars .. cheap "sports"cars .. usually more "show" than "go". The Mk1 and Mk3 are guilty of this.

The fact that the mk2 topped out a shade under 24k, put them out of the average hairdresser price range.

Now hairdresser cars are :-

MGF, MX5, MR2 (mk3), Z3 ..

The Elise is too hardcore (no carpet) and the VX220 doesn't have the right Badge ..

It's where the tubby can shine .. it's as posy as the NA, but has the 0-60's to be a sportscar ..

hairdressers cars:

BMW Z3

*REMOVED*

MGF

MX-5 (sorry)

206 cc

Audi Cab.

3 series cab.

these can all be good cars but the key 2 a hair dressers car is looks very nice but has the smallest engine you can buy in that car, like mx-5 1.6, 316, 206 1.6, neva have i seen/heard a hairdresser with an MGTF with induction roar, the point is there poser's with posin cars

s2000 ???????? :blink:

for me that's got to be one of the manliest cars around, reving to 9000 revs with a bonnet that goes on forever, rare, menacing and combine it with good looks makes it a !Removed! fine car.

lol, i cant believe what i've just seen.. i'm in shock :o

s2000 and hairdresser car... the words just don't work together at all.... :!Removed!:

My housemates got one, just shown him this thread, he's off to the kitchen packing his knives, all 16st of him!!!! They are phat motors, only guy i know who can out pose me in the summer. B@stid! :yes:

I think S2000 and the Mk2 MR2 don't qualify as they were too expensive to buy from scratch (and Hairdressers never get 2nd hand cars) ..

S2000's are awesome cars ..

The only fast cars that are manly are cosworths.

You don't see a hairdresser in a sierra cosworth.... all these rubbish japanese cars, pfft!

cosworths - eww no !!

Bl**dy Fords .. can't stand them.

the only firm to make 'manly' cars is TVR....

the muscular curves of them, the agressive low burble of the exhaust, the big 4litre+ engines growling away.... that is a man's car.

i was aware that the s2000 'has' 11,000 revs however I was led to believe that you can use up to 9000 before the rev limiter kicks in...

and cosworth.... please! fords are plastic :(

As far as Ford goes, I can make an exception for the Focus RS.

Afterall, it looks hard-as-nails compared to other hatchbacks and is quicker round a track than a Scooby. B)

I love TVRs. Gonna get me a Cerbera one of these days.

S2000s are great too - I love VTEC, but driving round at 6000+RPM ALL DAY would get on my nerves.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links