Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

F.a.o Vmail

tiktok

I thought as much vmail, but how come you used no DOM or ECMA script? That's 100% web standards compliant and will degrade gracefully in older legacy browsers i.e. netscape 4 etc...

and as it's all structural markup, when CSS is turned off or is not applicable on mobile web devices it will still work as intended :)

incidentally there's actually nothing wrong with a hybrid website combining the use of light structural tables for layout combined with a transitional doctype... will all validate in xhtml and css, sometimes the better option for some projects also!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vmail

• knowlson

• Yarisboy

• jaxx

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir Steve of Toyota has thrown down the gauntlet in a challenge to Sir vmail of hacksville

Let's see then, are you all mouth vmail? your integrity hangs in the balance... :D

The ringmaster calls for total silence...

The drum rolls...

The audience holds its breath...

:D

Do you live in bolton vmail?

do I know you?

I live in manchester, been at bolton uni, now at preston uni

do I know you?

Nah you dont know me. :ph34r:

It's amazing the things you can find on the internet :lol::lol::lol:

I thought as much vmail, but how come you used no DOM or ECMA script? That's 100% web standards compliant and will degrade gracefully in older legacy browsers i.e. netscape 4 etc...

and as it's all structural markup, when CSS is turned off or is not applicable on mobile web devices it will still work as intended :)

incidentally there's actually nothing wrong with a hybrid website combining the use of light structural tables for layout combined with a transitional doctype... will all validate in xhtml and css, sometimes the better option for some projects also!

with IE you can turn off CSS or use your own, and the site works fine, not tested it on the mobile as I didnt need to go that far. not come accross DOM or ECMA but I am a fast learner

TABLES SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR LAYOUTS, it should only be used for tabular data, unless you can justify your reason, everyone else does it, is not a good enough reason

i didnt go for transitional, but thats ok, I hate the stupid validator, I cant use the target element, to use target I would have to use javascript, or make a custom DTD

do I know you?

Nah you dont know me. :ph34r:

It's amazing the things you can find on the internet :lol::lol::lol:

WTF where?

vmail, do I know you?

I was at bolton uni, but decided it was dreadful for location and tutors.

I only stayed cos 10% of the course was playin games, we did level design, 3d modelin, PSX programmin, I agree some tutors are siht the bald headed one who just reads his OHP(they have stopped using those now, now they have interactive whiteboards)

in some lectures, half the class signed the register and walked out while the tutor wasnt watchin

tables should not be used for layouts... that's correct, but until browsers catch up with full CSS compliance and open source understanding then things will be slow progressing.

the amount of box model hacks that are required to construct table-emulating layouts using CSS boxes in order to display correctly in IE 5/5.5, Netscape 4, IE 4, Opera 5 & 6 and many mac based browsers... you may as well have used a LIGHT structural table to design the layout! (you did use box model hacks didnt you?)

the idea of CSS design is to reduce the size of websites and the stress on server load, and to reintroduce structural design back into the web as it was intended to be in the early 90's by Tim Berners Lee.

tables should not be used for layouts... that's correct, but until browsers catch up with full CSS compliance and open source understanding then things will be slow progressing.

the amount of box model hacks that are required to construct table-emulating layouts using CSS boxes in order to display correctly in IE 5/5.5, Netscape 4, IE 4, Opera 5 & 6 and many mac based browsers... you may as well have used a LIGHT structural table to design the layout! (you did use box model hacks didnt you?)

the idea of CSS design is to reduce the size of websites and the stress on server load, and to reintroduce structural design back into the web as it was intended to be in the early 90's by Tim Berners Lee.

box model hacks?

yeah but I didnt say I lived in bolton

yeah but I didnt say I lived in bolton

No you did not :lol::lol:

Ok how about your name then? does it start with a N??

ok, I'm getting scared, you probably know what color thong I've got on

ok, I'm getting scared, you probably know what color thong I've got on

Nadim If you do hack sites using "backdoors :lol: "and break 128 encryption just be aware that people can trace you back to your home. :eek:

you guys are blowing my grey matter with this!

send my home details by PM

ha ok

You want your mobile numbers also who your adsl line is with at home what mobile phone company you are with or anything else??

Finding hackers is part of my job if you had done some :censor: to one of my customers legal action would be taken. Because I would find you :ph34r::ph34r:

Basically....I think Knowlsons proving he's a bit of a whizz, and going off his latest thread in Gold, I am inclined to think he is, and not just on a PC!!!

Waynes World moment.....were not worthy :thumbsup:

difficult to find my 2 mobile numbers or 2 home number, as I dont give it out, you can find any of my 45 swich board numbers. Im not ADSL, PM me with the details

why the big secrets act?

secret squirrel stuff... we are really desperate to find out who you are? :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links