Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Error Message

tiktok

i get this for most of my replies now. also got it the other day on my mrs puter, anyone else?

error.gif

people with AOL

lots of members are subscribed to AOL and its AOL mail server returning errors to our SMTP which causes this error

so for its is AOHell!

It seems that any member that is subscribed to a certain forum and is an AOL member will cause these problems.

erm, i'm not aol, never have been and never will be. so how come its effects me? and only just started in the last week. :wacko:

you dont have to be on AOL to get the problem.. but when you reply to other posts there will more than likely someone who is on AOL already posted or subscribed to that forum.. they will have also have subscribed which subscribes them to chosen forum... when you post a message the forums try and send these subscribed people an email notifying them that a new post has been posted.. but AOL refuses to accept the mail and throws back an error at our SMTP (daemon that sends email outwards)

it only happens with networks that go through the AOL network...

Now this only happens with the UK AOHell as the US one is fine.

These errors are the same for LOCUK too!

Its not the forums problem but the pathetic way AOHell accepts email at the moment.

So the forum code won't send you to the next page after a post unless it recieves the correct response from every subscriber's mailer daemon??? Who wrote that???

:blink:

So the forum code won't send you to the next page after a post unless it recieves the correct response from every subscriber's mailer daemon??? Who wrote that???

Apparently the folks at Invision, if you look at the bottom of the page. Sounds like pretty shoddy coding to me.

Martin

Well in theory its not inviions falt.. it done its bit by reporting the error.. blame the tossers at AOL as no other ISP complains.

As for the coding.. well this forum is due for an upgrade very shortly. But over all the forums I have used Invision is the best I have ever used. thats based my opinion.

The error page could be better and really I should alter it as there is a modification to do this.

i used xmb and phpbb and both were crap and so many security vulnerabilities that even the boards were hacked once.

But then again anything of this scale have vulnerabilities.. any coder can tell you that!

it does not rely on the response...

ok cool, answered my question, many thanks.

*** goes away more confused than before ***

hahahha

looking to reduce the error messages tonight by unsubscribing everyone to topics and threads.. it will releive 18 months worth

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links