Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1994 Uk N/a For£200!

Dame

Well as the topic title suggests, I have managed to acquire a 1994 MR2 for the price of £200. Basically, the husband of one of my work collegues owns the car. The engine blew up last year (after 200,000 miles) and the car has been off the road since then. I saw it a few months ago and told him I'd take it off his hands if he wanted to get rid of it a bit quick.... Well, he does (wife wants the garden space back) so I am now the proud owner of said car. With any luck we will be able to rebuild the engine and have the girl back on the road. It all depends on what else is wrong - and whether it is cost effective to repair, or just to sell off the parts.

Not such a bad price though??

on eBay theres a n/a complete engine buy it now for £200, that would be the fastest and cheapest way to get it on the road £400 all in, flog it off '94 should get you £4000 bit of a profit :eek: get a full 400bhp fensport garrett turbo kit for your tubby..

Interesting idea..... Though I'm actually thinking of doing it up for the other half, fortunately we will have a proper workshop at home soon, and my brother is something of a mechanic (I'm learning albeit somewhat slowly :)) so we may decide to rebuild if it's worth it, or indeed as you say try and source a new engine.... It all depends on the state of everything else i.e. gearbox, suspension etc. The car looks ok from the outside, but it has done 200,000 miles, and it's quite likely that some major parts will be showing signs of wear.

As for the tubby, I'm not that keen to modify it, I cover a lot of miles every day, and I'd like to try and keep the fuel consumption as low as possible. The extra performance would be nice, but I doubt I'd get much chance of use it wading through traffic.....

Thanks for the idea though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links