Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Passenger Airbag

MINI77

Hi everyone, Im picking up an aygo blue 2010 5 door next week, Can anyone tell me if I can turn off the passenger airbag, I know 3 door cars can but not too sure about 5 door, Im trading in my corsa and I could turn off airbags in that but my brothers polo doesnt turn off. Its not too big a deal if I cant its just sometimes I have 3 kids in my car and I need to turn off airbag if a child is in front seat as airbags can kill children in front. I only have 1 daughter so it would mean when friends come over they will just have to stay in. (I hope new aygo doesnt leak) lol.

Hi everyone, Im picking up an aygo blue 2010 5 door next week, Can anyone tell me if I can turn off the passenger airbag, I know 3 door cars can but not too sure about 5 door, Im trading in my corsa and I could turn off airbags in that but my brothers polo doesnt turn off. Its not too big a deal if I cant its just sometimes I have 3 kids in my car and I need to turn off airbag if a child is in front seat as airbags can kill children in front. I only have 1 daughter so it would mean when friends come over they will just have to stay in. (I hope new aygo doesnt leak) lol.

Can;t check as the wife is using her Aygo today and I've had to bring my Prius out in the rain :crybaby: but I'm sure there's a key hole on the drivers side just to the right hand of the steering wheel to turn off the passenger airbag...

(I'm still waiting for any leaks on ours too, but sofar none....It's 6 months old)

thanks jan&tone, mine is as ex demo, reg may 2010 with 2800 miles but nearly £2000 cheaper than new but only has 3 yrs warranty. Still got 2yrs 4months on it so plenty time to get anything wrong fixed. Ive had 2 yaris previously but couldnt afford one this time as still had £3000 left on corsa but too much stuff going wrong with it so had to get rid. Ive had 3 rear windows in 3 yrs cos the demisters keep blowing but they wont change now as warranty expired Sept.(must be electrical fault) problem is I dont find out its gone until winter. Already had to change aux belt and pulley thing as bearing seized and now its losing power when I get to 70mph but car runs sluggish after until I turn off ignition, then its ok again, (faulty sensor) plus it needs 4 tyres so I thought I would go back to toyota as ive not had any probs with my 2 yaris prev. I fell in love with the aygo blue when I saw it sitting there so hopefully everything will go ok with it. Daughter has been banned from eating sweets in it already (though I say that for all new cars but doesnt last long lol).

thanks jan&tone, mine is as ex demo, reg may 2010 with 2800 miles but nearly £2000 cheaper than new but only has 3 yrs warranty. Still got 2yrs 4months on it so plenty time to get anything wrong fixed. Ive had 2 yaris previously but couldnt afford one this time as still had £3000 left on corsa but too much stuff going wrong with it so had to get rid. Ive had 3 rear windows in 3 yrs cos the demisters keep blowing but they wont change now as warranty expired Sept.(must be electrical fault) problem is I dont find out its gone until winter. Already had to change aux belt and pulley thing as bearing seized and now its losing power when I get to 70mph but car runs sluggish after until I turn off ignition, then its ok again, (faulty sensor) plus it needs 4 tyres so I thought I would go back to toyota as ive not had any probs with my 2 yaris prev. I fell in love with the aygo blue when I saw it sitting there so hopefully everything will go ok with it. Daughter has been banned from eating sweets in it already (though I say that for all new cars but doesnt last long lol).

lol - we bought her Aygo blue last june - her Suzuki Alto was 7 years old and starting to show it's age - the Aygo was the cheapest Auto we liked - although I use it as a manual and she uses the mmt box in 'e' mode - actually a great little car, ideal for scooting along the country roads to work! I'd rather use that to get to work than my Prius but then we didn't buy the Prius for country lanes!!!

enjoy the Aygo, funky little bus...

:thumbsup:

FWIW, we have a 5 Door Blue (facelift 2009/09) - and yes it has the airbag turn off option that you were enquiring about - I'm pretty sure all Aygos have it :)

If in doubt, you can give the Dealer you are buying from a call, or Toyota GB Customer Services as they could bring up the build spec. for the car for your peace of mind.

• 10 years later...

Hi wife's aygo (56plate) has the red airbag light showing. Can the car still be driven whilst this is showing? 

Whilst it can be driven, from a safety viewpoint, you don't know whether the airbag/s will deploy in the event of a collision. Depends how highly you value the lives of the driver and any passengers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links