Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluddy Coppers !

Jimlad

Since I moved back to my parents town, I've been stopped twice in one week by the police !!

First time was because they said I had an illegal # plate. NO !!

Second time was because they said I was driving aggressively and they gave me a producer ! F*ckers !

I was in one lane around town, they were about 4cars in front of me. I wanted to change lanes, saw a gap and put my foot down. Fair enough I may have accelerated hard, but as soon as I hit 30mph I stayed there.

Next thing I knew they were following me... stuck with me for about 2 mins then pulled me over.

Asked me if it was my car.... then got me in the back of there car while they done loads of checks etc on me, the car... insurance... etc...etc. Probably thought I nicked the thing !

Dumb ***** police... go and catch crims.

Hey - we do! and normally by checking people out mate!

Maybe you were dealt with harshly by them, but pulling you for accelerating hard in a town centre? - maybe id do it? depends doesnt it on whats happening - but by the by..I did see a picture of your car with an illegal front plate on it (large like the rear one?) was that the one you were on about!???

Hey what do u copers say about those free valve caps that came in fast car?

They flash !Removed! blue for f sake could we be done for impersonating a cop if we had them on?? :ffs:

I got the mag coz I thought they stayed on when you are moving but they flash bluddy bright blue :angry:

its illegal to have any blue lights showing from the front of the car - dunno bout the wheels tho...

I'm not sure about that, blue washer jets are legal. It's a loophole in the law at the minute.

Red lights to the front are very illegal, that I do know. £60 and 3 points actually.... So Azim, better not turn those knight rider lights on when moving.... :thumbsup:

Mate, i hate traffic too!

But -

Those blue lights: i think they're ok. But people could claim it distracts them??

I know that on motobikes, they upset the balancing of the wheels so if you fit them you may want to get the wheels re balanced (dunno how sensitive car wheels are though).

Adam

Don't get me started on traffic cops .. :ffs:

Bibbs, have you considered for one of your topic things: having a list of people who we as MR2 users recommend for doing work on our cars? You could list it according to area or County etc???

Im sure we all know someone who's done a job you've been chuffed with, so like the bloke whos doing my wheels in Chesterfield could be put up under 'DERBYSHIRE' etc etc

????

dvla states that for imports font size of number plates can be different size compared with standard if the car does not have the required space for a normal sized plate.

Or something along those lines. My car does not have the space, front or rear for a normal sized plate.

Yea I got stopped this saturday about my rear numberplate. Apparently the letters are too small, so is this definitely illegal?

MR2-2.jpg

Hey - we do! and normally by checking people out mate!

Maybe you were dealt with harshly by them, but pulling you for accelerating hard in a town centre? - maybe id do it? depends doesnt it on whats happening - but by the by..I did see a picture of your car with an illegal front plate on it (large like the rear one?) was that the one you were on about!???

getting stopped for accelerating hard ?? C'mon.

They done a full check on me, the car.. my insurance... lol

FFS... talk about extreme.. I even had to sit in the back of the car while they done all this. Then they gave me a producer.... I mean why ??

"bored today ?... yeah... oh look a flashy car... let's pull it"

Plonks

People would also moan mate, if producers WERE NOT given to folk who drive cars, its how you can help to find people not as honest as you or me - so dont worry about it.

And, i would pull you - not for the car, or cos im bored (i wish i had time to be bored mate!), but i would if it was a busy street - maybe anyway - dont want to spill me coffee (or McD's cheeseburger without relish!)

Jimlad, were you accelerating hard in a build up area? (30MPh limit suggest this). TBH they had every reason to pull you, despite not going over the speed limit, accelerating hard means you could miss a child if they ran out into the road etc. Also driving erattically will make then suspect that's you're a bit of a careless driver. Perhaps by giving you some hassle they hope you will calm down a bit......

despite not going over the speed limit, accelerating hard means you could miss a child if they ran out into the road etc.

There's the flip side too, accelerating hard could prevent knocking a kid over as you'll be past them by the time they've ran out. And they've a greater chance of hearing your screaming engine too.

Perhaps - but accelerating hard like this also means that you might not be looking carefully enough at what's around you. It's easy to get tunnel vision and concentrate too much on what's ahead and not what's around......

This happened to me not long ago but I deserved it. There was a plonker taxi driver trying to block me off and I thought Id pee him off and shot out in front of him at the last min which required a lil bit of grunt in 2nd. Hit 45ishmph in built up area..and yes ok ok ok I know it was stupid already! (right got that out the way)

Anyway police witnessed it all and pulled me over. First thing I did was apologise for my behavior, admitted I did close to 50! aaaand span a story about the taxi driver being my m8 from royston and we were just messin(it worked!..damn Im a good liar) . I went to the extent of tellin em I speed all the time on B-roads but dont in city streets as I am well aware of the dangers. Thier reply was a nod ...and 'away ye go'.

Its all in the attitude ...if you show them your aware of your mistake and apologise it shows you know you did something wrong..thats all they are looking for..it convices them that your not the complete maniac you appeared to be when executing a dodgy move.. Hang your head in shame...it works ...from being caught handbraking around corners in my heyday to running the odd red lights etc etc. Its the way you tell em paddy :thumbsup:

Its all in the attitude ...if you show them your aware of your mistake and apologise it shows you know you did something wrong..thats all they are looking for..it convices them that your not the complete maniac you appeared to be when executing a dodgy move.. Hang your head in shame...it works ...from being caught handbraking around corners in my heyday to running the odd red lights etc etc. Its the way you tell em paddy :thumbsup:

very true :yes:

titto and/or john i could use ur help on this one m8...

k basically i got a parking ticket at 00:30 for parking in a taxi waiting area.

thing is it wasnt as far as i was aware. there was no taxi rank sign. and right next to my car there was a sign that said parking at all times, all days. with a £30 fine for parking longer than 24hrs.

I'm gonna contest it but what do u reckon my chances r?

if it comes down to the copper saying my car was in the taxi rank (which is further down the road) can i use my m8's as witnesses?

this was after a nite out, so there were plenty of us.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links