Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Any 1 Flushed Thier Boot Lid?

stella

hi there has anyone flushed there boot lid?if so any tips in doing so :) im filling in the dip where the numberplate goes,i`ve done lock and wiper so far and thought bo##ocks do the whole lot while the boots off :D

hi,

yeah had it done to my rolla too.

i didn't do it myself..but i saw most of it being done.

he just welded a thin metal plate over the number plate dip,filled the gaps, sanded everything down(got handle and lock removed too), primered it and painted it. didn't look to difficult B)

you doin it yourself?

It's fairly simple (he says, watching someone else actually doing it) but try and get as big an overlap as possible over the numberplate recess as mine is showing some cracking there. And if your boot struts are old it might be worth looking at some new(er) ones as mine gave up the ghost under the weight of the boot (with metal plate) and nearly killed me...

Whilst writing - anyone know of any good bodywork person/place in Bristol 'cos I need a couple of touch-up things done. Cash job preferably 'cos I'll be selling it shortly afterwards :D (AE92 Gti)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links