Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4 Pinking Under Load

johnmac

Hi everyone,

I've just bought myself a Toyota Avensis 1.8 GS and pick it up in 3 weeks time, this is the first time I've bought Toyota and I'm hoping I've made the right choice.

Anyway this is the first time for me in this forum and I wondered if anyone can help my mate who has just bought his Corolla 1.4 V reg about 8 weeks ago. He's having problems with it pinking going up steep hills, he took it back under warranty to Toyota, the technician told hime to try fuelling up at a differnt garage because he reckons it's poor petrol. Well the technician phoned my mate back 2 days later and said he may have an old type modual and to bring it back and they will fit a new type modual which will take about 3 hours to do. The techy won't tell my mate why or why it has to be changed and feels he's not being told the full story.

Has anyone had the same problem, or anyone know why or what this modual is and what it does?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links