Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Go Rev Counter

WAYNEOLEEDS

Well, thought there would have been some interest in this, I mean Working Tacho for £20.

Guess the rev counter thing for most people is about the syle of the standard item and about upspeccing Aygo with the options on other specs, Like cant choose between models spec up your own Aygo Blue-Platinum-Go-Sport??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WAYNEOLEEDS

• Jan van de Wouw

• n4t3

• geezbeez

I'm actually struggling to remove the grey plastic part from the cowling so I can replace with the gloss black from my aygo go cowling . Anyone got any ideas?

When you take the cowling off, there are 3 or 4 tabs on the dial surround, you just push the tabs in agianst the cowling.

As these things go could not be easier.

Dont know why you are removing it anyway. Supose you bought a new cowling with a cut out for tacho, but the cowling is marked on the inside for the tacho so you can just cut out along the line on your original cowling.

well the reason I posted was because as I mentioned im swapping the fascia over.

Its not a simple as you say because the clips look quite flimsy and the last thing I want to do is break them and have to pay out again.

Sorry I can't help over the web, I know it's possible to remove the front bit,

but when I did mine for the first time I DID snap a bit of plastic...

The first time I used a flat screwdriver to "tease" the hooks ot of the slots. But that broke one of the slots.

So the two times after that I used the end of a metal ruler. The trick is that the slots are slightly smaller than

the plastic hook/wedge. When fitting everything this is no problem, as the plastic has some "give" in it.

But when removing them this is quite tricky. Just take your time, don't rush it.

And should a slot or lip break anyway, just glue it in place AFTER you've placed the other fascia...

As long as you glue on the inside no-one will even see or know...

It's the slot on the black piece that the grey bit slips into that broke on mine :crybaby:

Grey bit is softer plastic than the black/dark piece...

cool . ill take a look ..

obviously the aygo go isnt light grey its like a gloss black ..

shouldnt make a difference tho should it ..

im going to spray the rev counter surround to match interior : :ffs:

Oh sorry, I misunderstood that bit. I thought you meant the dark bit with "black",

didn't realize you were swapping out the grey surround with a black one...

But as I said before, take your time and really LOOK what you're doing ansd it should be fine.

So use to driving without a rev counter, i would be getting it for looks and style rather than using it :P if i did decide to buy one :) ill ring round some dealers and see what prices i can get or call on Mr Parts King on this forum :P

Well guys.

Just an update I managed to get the Grey trim off the cowling ready to test spray and ready from when my Aygo go! one comes. believe it or not I didnt force it and required no special tools. apart from a dinner spoon! HAHA :yahoo:

no special tools. apart from a dinner spoon!

Haha, I actually have a dinnerfork and spoon as standard equipment in my toolbox :D

Glad to see you got it off!

• 1 month later...

Hello:

I have a problem. I bought the rev count, and yesterday I went to install it but can not find the white connector, where is it?

If you want I can upload photos.

P.S. I have a Citroen C1, model of 2011.

A greeting and thanks.

Hello:

I have a problem. I bought the rev count, and yesterday I went to install it but can not find the white connector, where is it?

If you want I can upload photos.

P.S. I have a Citroen C1, model of 2011.

A greeting and thanks.

Look......

HERE

In picture 3, It should be just above 90mph. (150kmh).

It is taped to the other wires so that it makes no noise.

You can see the colour of the wires in picture 5.

Ian.

Does your C1 have power steering? If not the connector is not there... Just found this out

two weeks ago... Aygo's ALLWAYS have P/S, C1's and 107's in basic trim don't...

Does your C1 have power steering? If not the connector is not there... Just found this out

two weeks ago... Aygo's ALLWAYS have P/S, C1's and 107's in basic trim don't...

Mmmmm... My C1 is basic, the engine is petrol 1.0, and has no power steering. I bought it in October 2010.

Where did you find this information?

Is it possible to install that cable?

Thanks.

I got the info through another member of the Dutch forum where I moderate.

He has a C1 too and was told so by his dealer. We then had some people take a look on various cars

and came to the conclusion that Power Steering and the Revcounter are on the same wiring loom.

Then someone confirmed it definately; he had a C1 without P/S, but bouth the entire system from

a breaker and did a retrofit himself: the plug for the revcounter is on the wiring for the P/S...

On our forum the Aygo dominates, just like in the real world and all Aygo's have P/S,

the basic C1 and 107 are very rare as it turns out, so we only found this info just now...

Most people seem to like the extra luxury of Power Windows and Central Locking,

so they buy the second trimlevel, which is allways equipped with P/S too...

I got the info through another member of the Dutch forum where I moderate.

He has a C1 too and was told so by his dealer. We then had some people take a look on various cars

and came to the conclusion that Power Steering and the Revcounter are on the same wiring loom.

Then someone confirmed it definately; he had a C1 without P/S, but bouth the entire system from

a breaker and did a retrofit himself: the plug for the revcounter is on the wiring for the P/S...

On our forum the Aygo dominates, just like in the real world and all Aygo's have P/S,

the basic C1 and 107 are very rare as it turns out, so we only found this info just now...

Most people seem to like the extra luxury of Power Windows and Central Locking,

so they buy the second trimlevel, which is allways equipped with P/S too...

So... The solution would be to adapt the cable P / S and connect the tachometer?

Can not buy the cable and plug? XD

Thanks.

The P/S involves a separate ECU and sensors AFAIK. So it would probably not be that simple.

The P/S involves a separate ECU and sensors AFAIK. So it would probably not be that simple.

Ok, thank you, then I think I will return the rev counter in the store...

I saw on eBay an OBD bluetooth to find the RPM and more parameters, are they safe?

Thanks.

OBD also has RPM on it. I have a ScanGauge II in my car, can't see why it wouldn't be safe...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links