Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1s?

jaxx

hi!

a good friend of mine has just picked up a nice 1.6 mk1 mr2 woth a bit of crash damage on the front wing to be repaired and i may be concidering purchasing the old girl when its done

its on a B reg in red and the damage is only on the offside front wing so nothing major. all mechanical bits, engine, interior and the rest of the body is sweet as a nut! the car seems to have been looked after extremely well, with low milage and looks as tho its hardly seen rain! even the jack and spare wheel are still untouched and the original colour!

if i was to buy it what bodyparts and engine parts etc are available to make it maybe a bit quicker or update the stylin a touch?

its already got a set of old kahn 17s on it although they are still in near mint condition! and loojks as tho it has been lowered a bit

cheers ppl!

:thumbsup:

mate, everything with these is condition i sold my one for £400 with no interior, clutch or rear window.....

in good condition you see them in auto trader for £2700... so its really a judgement thing, the khans will be worth on eBay £400..

check out fensport and tdi,

youcan

supercharge or turbo

usuals exhausts and induction kits

bigger and stronger pistons

bore out the engine to 1.8

chip it

thats all i have found at the moment.

Personnally i wouldn't bother,

update the stylin a touch
Keep it old skool

Performance wise id leave it, otherwise your just throwing money down the drain, whats the point in having a mega fast Mk1 if its only worth £2-3k?!?!

My 2p :)

Personnally i wouldn't bother,
update the stylin a touch
Keep it old skool

Performance wise id leave it, otherwise your just throwing money down the drain, whats the point in having a mega fast Mk1 if its only worth £2-3k?!?!

My 2p :)

agree in general, but to be honest spending any money modding a car is money down the drain IMHO. Personally i just do it becuase i like too, although my wife tends to state "more money than brains" quite a bit :blink:

For the Mk1 personally i'd stop at the supercharger, as for styling Jaxx, have a look at

http://www.eurosport-uk.co.uk

http://www.karmeleon.co.uk

I wasnt looking to create a fire breather just after a nice exhaust and maybe a filter for the noise and looks!

stylin, yes im gonna keep the std stylin cos (in my opinion) i think its gorgeous anyway! just after maybe a lip or skirt for the front and back just to give it that unique sort of touch, ya knopw what i mean!

is there any things that are tempromental or prone to breaking all the time??? and has anyone fitted any type of install to one as i know they are very tight on space!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links