Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Handling

Neillers

Hi.

New to the board, looks good, some good info here.

I have a 93 G-Ltd. the steering vibrates at speeds between 50-70mph

then smooths out.I have new tyres on front and balanced, thought it might be a buckle in the alloys (17" momo) but guy at alloy shop said that it needed

4 wheel alignment????

Any ideas?

Thanks.

They said the same thing to me when i had the tyres done yesterday. But I had the fronts balenced and it was fine

I had this problem on my last car, the most obvious cause for this sort of thing is the wheel balance but the problem actually turned out to be tracking. B)

In addition to the above, it can also happen if you have spacers on you wheels. Some of them are crappy and prevent the alloy from locating itself properly onto the studs. The result is that the wheels feel out of balance at certain speeds.

I had this on another car when going from the original sized wheels to larger ones.

I have 17's currently on my mr2 and it vibrates the same as you describe - i think a few people have mentioned this ( i think Bibbs may know or Jimlad ) but you dont tend to get it with the stock wheels.

Cheers

Adam

Id put my money on a buckled alloy, i had the exact same thing, didn't notice the vibration above 70, even at 130, but 50-70 was a nightmare. Have the tracking tested first tho, but thats what i reckon.

Mine gets a little shaky at around 100, but I think it's just down to the alloys.

On the track!

I had this and it turned out that the front tyres had diffrent pressures in them....doh!

Something so obvious that had overlooked by being careless.

Now it handles much like it did when I had the stock 15's on it :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links