Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Esp / Traction Button - It Doesnt Work!

Dizeee

Try pressing it in less than 5 degrees (I think maybe 3). Nothing happens - it doesnt work. This is not right you SHOULD get the option.

Then when it does illuminate on the move, it turns itself back on / warning light extinguishes after around 20 - 30 seconds but this varies in amount of time. So ultimatley you can only turn it off for 30 seconds at a time on a warm day.

Why? And whats the point? Total waste of time.

There is a post on this forum on '7th Dec 2009', 'iQ on Track'

if you google,

toyota iq esp traction button

Did you try holding the button in for 5 seconds?

george

Are you sure it is the amount of time and not the speed you are travelling at which re-engages the ESP? On a car I used to have with ESP you could disable it but it would re-engage at speeds above 30mph. There have only been 2 occasions when I had to turn the ESP off. From a standing start, on a slight uphill incline, during icy conditions and when driving over a muddy field. With ESP on the car would not move as power was cut as soon as it was applied with it off I could feather the power and slip the clutch to get some momentum.

Hold it for 5 secs when stationary and it will will remain off allowing full use of the oversteer lever.

However if you just push as a toggle button it will only turn on below 25mph and then it does turn itself off again.

Ive only found I needed to turn it off when I wanted to do handbrakes in the snow, the car has so little power if you drive it correctly in the snow the light wont come on anyway and you can climb alot of hills that other cars struggle with.

Agree with hertsnminds on standing starts though on ice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links