Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engines

ShinmaTsunami

Ok guys, I have a question. What are the major differences between the 4a-fe, the 4a-ge and the 4a-gze?? I've heard they're mechanically similar, but I've also heard that the Age is a stronger motor with a higher hp output, and the agze is super-charges, or turnboed. I don't remember which.

Anyway, any information would be greatly appreciated.

:arrgg-matey:

the 'a' part means they are from the same family IE a 5a block will take a 4a head.

ge, fe and gze denote the type of cylinder head ge twin cam 16 valve, fe is the lean burn version and gze is the twincam 16 valve super charged.

some internals differ between engines (eg pistons in the GZE) but all are basicaly the same design

Someone had asked this in another thread, but would there be a benefit gained from putting age heads in a afe set-up?

possibly as the fe head is biased toward econemy and the ge is more sporty (especialy the non t-vis one)

Economy! :lol:

I get about 31mpg from my 1.6 afe!

Lead right foot and a short 5th gear! :( :D

Phil - gp for the 4a-gze and get MORE miles per gallon - I'm getting about 35 mpg :P :P

Phil - gp for the 4a-gze and get MORE miles per gallon - I'm getting about 35 mpg :P :P

:eek: how the hell can you get 35mpg!!! I get 22mpg!!!! 35mpg is better then what I was getting with the 4afe :eek::eek:

It's possible my right foot isn't as heavy as yours - but I don't hang around either and most of my weekday driving to work is stop/start. Even when I do give it stick it doesn't seem to be too bad. When I had the Unichip fitted they did say that it was overfuelling massively throughout the rev range and that they cut it back quite a bit - they will have helped.

35, that's pretty close to what I get with my afe. Whoever tuned it before I bought it did a good job.

Anyway, would there be any benefit to putting age pistons in my afe? What other modifications would suggest on the engine itself for more power output? If any. *laughs*

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys - I've just check my fuel comsumption and it looks like I overestimated a touch.

Over the last 2100 miles I've used 70 gallons so that's a nice round 30mpg. Just short of what I was getting with the 4a-fe.

Finding my 4A-FE a bit thirsty these days, barely getting 300 miles out of a tank which I used to easily get. Think it's cruising at 85+ instead of 75-80 that's done it though :(

Joe

hmmm maybe I do have a heavy right foot on the 4afe I used to get 250 miles at a push :lol::lol: now on the 4agze I get 150 miles :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Heavy foot, huh? I think that might be my problem too. I'm not sure what i get to mine. Especially since my fiance thinks I'm trying to be a racecar driver.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links