Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello...and Sun Roof...

tops

Hello,

I've been browsing the IQ forum for a few weeks now - all useful and interesting stuff from the members; so thank you.

Today - I've ordered my IQ, for delivery hopefully some time during March. It's a white 1.3 litre one and I can't wait!

I've seen Webasto retro-fit sunroofs advertised and the Webasto web site says their Hollandia 300 model will fit the IQ.

My local Toyota dealer doesn't advise fitment of a roof because of the "safety cage crash protection implications".

Any opinions on this would be very welcome especially with regard to the warranty?

Looking forward to becoming a real member and actually owning an IQ.

biggrin.gif

We had a similar problem with the Webasto full ragtop sunroof in the xB's. In order to install it two of the main roof cross members had to be cut. This caused some body twisting in a few of the vehicles. The sunroof was discontinued for the xB and a smaller version was sold.

In the iQ it would appear that a small sunroof would fit without removing major support. The addition of a sunroof shouldn't void your warranty.

I am anxious to see one installed.

A big decision perhaps - chance a sunroof installation or not, a few more opinions if you please?

I'd love a roof as it appears it will be quite dark for back seat passengers.

If I go ahead - not getting IQ for a few more weeks - I'll upload some pics.

Thanks for your advice...

A big decision perhaps - chance a sunroof installation or not, a few more opinions if you please?

I'd love a roof as it appears it will be quite dark for back seat passengers.

If I go ahead - not getting IQ for a few more weeks - I'll upload some pics.

Thanks for your advice...

I had a sunroof fitted to my Aygo which made it lighter inside and helped during the summer "heat" as the car didn't have A/C and opening the windows caused draughts and noise.The sunroof caused neither.

The IQ doesn't really need one though, in my opinion (for what it is worth!), as it is a bit roomier than an Aygo, hence less claustrophobic, already has A/C although using it impacts the fuel economy and a sunroof must weaken the car's structure a little bit unless it was inbuilt during manufacture.

I liked having it though!

There is no way I would install a aftermarket sunroof in an iQ or any othe car for that matter. I installed one a few years ago and had nothing but trouble. The EuroNcap safety would be in question, plus I doubt if Toyota would uphold the 5 year warranty. Save your money and enjoy the iQ as it is. You can only really get one person behind the front passenger in any case.

Very true - do I need a roof for the one person who may occasionally be sat in the back?

Not even taken delivery of IQ yet, so I'll enjoy as it is while I think further.

Thanks for your opinions...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links