Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Questions...

Cally007

Ok I am looking into buying an mr2 at the moment, due to insurance reason it would have to be the n/a one as I am only 20 and a student.

Basically I have been looking about and seen quite a few for between 2000-2500, but i am unsure of what each one is as i know early ones were 119bhp then something around 130 then others were 158. So if anyone has like a list of models and the bhp etc that would be very helpful. Also I was wondering what is a fair price for an n/a mr2? I have between 2000-2500 to spend as mentioned above so would like to know what would be available in my price range.

For example which version its this one? lol

Also does this site or any other site have like a cars forsale section? or does anyone know of decent ones forsale around glasgow, however I am willing to travel.

thanks

Oh, and hello I am new! :thumbsup:

Had a wee look, was quite useful.

Anyone know a good place to look for ones forsale appart from autotrader??

that would be a rev2 with around 158bhp

as a rough guide for uk NA's :

1989-1991 - rev 1 - 119bhp

1992-1993 - rev 2 - 158bhp

1994-1995 - rev 3 - 173bhp

1995-1996 - rev 4 - 173bhp

1996-1999 - rev 5 - 169bhp

thats as far as i remember anyway and the year dates are a very rough guide since some of the revisions overlap.

the easiest way to identify them is by looking at their rears! ;)

a rev 1 and rev 2 had square rear lights and a 3-piece spoiler

rev 3 and 4 had a single piece spoiler

rev 5's had an evo-type spoiler with adjustable wing angel (the drop in bhp was due to stricter emission standards but is unoticable anyway)

as youre probably looking at a rev 1 or 2 car you will also have to check the engine bay if its a 1991 or older car. If it says "3SFE" on the cam cover (or throttle body, cant remember) then its the 119bhp version. The later versions were all 3SGE's and had a twin cam system.

it should be the 158bhp engine.

but if u go for a look make sure its a 3SG-E engine NOT 3SF-E

hav a look thru the stickies at the top of this mr2 forum. theres tons of stuff in there.

and also make sure u look a the buyers guides, u could get stuck w. a rite dog... :(

-Z

that one is high 90 thousand miles, are these engines still good at that?? It really looks like thats all I will get in my price range

Most toyota engines are solid till 200,000 if they've been well looked after!. for a 90k check for the obvious things like a timing belt change. It's also due for its 2nd coolant change now, check its been replaced by real toyota for-life, its a ribena red colour. the oil should also have been changed every 6000 miles for an NA

ok cheers, I will give the guy a phone tommorrow probably. The dialing code is for edinburgh i think, anyone know someone selling one from there?? lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links