Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility With Iq

Daisykins

Hi everyone

When I bought my IQ2 in 2009 I had a Samsung G600 phone which connected successfully via bluetooth to the car, however when I tried to activate the transfer of the phone book contents to the car, the bluetooth connection would automatically disconnect and the transfer would fail. I took the car in to Toyota and their service centre took a look at the car and the phone and told me that whilst the phone was compatible for bluetooth use it was not compatible for transfer of the phone book data.

Now I have changed my phone to a Blackberry Curve 8520 and I have exactly the same problem. I find it very strange that 2 very popular phones would not be compatible and I am questioning whether Toyota has been truthful with me or whether they in fact just don't know the answer.

Have any of you managed to transfer your phone book data from either of these phones to your IQ?

Interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks. Daisy.

Hi Daisykins

The issue of phone compatibility is a difficult one as although basic bluetooth functions such as connection settings are standardised the additional functions such as phone book info & music streaming vary from one phone maker to another. Toyota cannot make a system that can handle every variation out there & since 2009 when your system was installed you can guarantee that phone compatibilities and software systems will have changed alot. I have attached a link to Toyota's bluetooth Compatibility site: My link this lists most of the most popular phones out there and what functions you can use.

Cheers

Devon

Strangely enough (and thank you so much for your reply) I was messing about with my phone earlier and came across an option to "transfer contacts" in the bluetooth function. Toyota's instructions for transferring data mentions nothing in relation of what should be done from the phone's side. Anyway, I found that by pressing the "Transfer Data" prompt in the car and the "Transfer contacts" option from my phone simultaneously the phone book was transferred over in seconds! Problem solved.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links