Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Hilux

Vintage55

Dear Forum Members

I was wondering whether I could share my experience of my Hilux with you to get some comments. It is a 2005 D4D 3L double cab and it has been running beautifully up to 110 000km and now all of a sudden I had the gear level kit replaced, new clutch kit installed, new water pump and master cylinder for the hydraulic system of the clutch. The cubby hole lock broke and there is water running from somewhere in the dashboard on to the carpets. Now my dilema is that I wanted to keep this car for another 150 000 km. I know farmers who drive these vehicles up to 500 000kms on the clock but I have lost confidence in this vehicle. I had an Isuzu KB320 and sold it at 140 000km and it gave me no problems. The same for my BMW, Audi A4 and VW's no problems just needed a change. I would appreciate to hear from your experiences with your Toyotas in terms of reliability and whether you think these vehicles can do 300 000kms or more.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links