Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fluid Changes?

kiwi123

Hi all,

I have recently bought a 1991 LN106 Hilux with 155,000km on the clock. I have changed the oil, the oil filter and the fuel filter in the last week. I'm interested to know how often the gear box, transfer case and diff oils should be changed. The truck gets used offroad a few times a month.

Cheers

i change all oils when i first purchase a car/truck then once a year, be carefull to get the right gear oil as i am fairly sure its not the run of the mill gear oil

Its once a year for my gearbox oil or 30k. Just make sure your using the correct grade/spec for your vehicle. Give Mr T a ring to find out what you need and then give the guys at Opie Oils a ring to get the oils at a cheaper price than the main dealer. I used Silkolen pro SRG 75w full Easter racing oil in my gearbox. What an amazing change in the gears. :thumbsup:

You might be interested to know that at the moment Costco are selling Castrol fully synth 5W30 Edge for £22 for 4l - this is the cheapest I have seen anywhere...

You might be interested to know that at the moment Costco are selling Castrol fully synth 5W30 Edge for £22 for 4l - this is the cheapest I have seen anywhere...

The last time I was at Costco (About 2 weeks ago) they were selling Castrol Edge 5w-40 (And not the 5w-30 VAG spec 507 00) at about £30 I seem to recal. I bought loads of the 5w-30 when it was on offer for £9.99 for 3x1ltr bottles. Fantastic buy. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links