Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Iq3 Eco Start Problem

Hakumichi

Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone else experience the same issue I have with my Toyota IQ3? My car is just over 1 year old and in the pass 3 months, I have been experiencing problems with the car starting back up in the ECO mode.

There is no pattern to when it fails. Most likely to when sitting at traffic lights for more then a few minutes. When I put the clutch down to restart from ECO mode, it just beeps away and I have to switch the engine off completely and restart.

Last weekend, my car went for a first year service and the mechanics tells me they have never heard of this problem. Car was in a reputable Toyota garage.

Have anyone else experience this with their IQ and whether they know what the problem is and can it be fixed?

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry i dont know anything about your problem but surely the Dealer & Toyota are going to have to make it

there job to find out & effect a repair.

Are you not insisting in having it done under warranty?

If you get a Letter & an Email off to Toyota & copies forwarded to the Dealer/Managing Director,

that may/should get the dealers attention.

all the best with it.

george

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota announced that, in U.S More Than 34,700 Echo and Prius models from 2001 and 2002 may have a faulty connector in the crankshaft.

But after 2002 they have solved the problem.

SPAM LINK REMOVED

• 1 year later...

Problem starting whilst on driveway engine facing road. Could be flooding with fuel? Yet it has happened several times complained the dealer tells me the diagnostics report showed no faults.

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem.

Unfortunately I am unable to offer much help as i have not had any issues with mine, but I would certainly be asking the dealership to take it in under warranty and supply you with a courtesy car until they find the fault and fix it.

Good luck.

I don't have any issues like this on my start and stop... therem must be a problem you need to find out with toyota !

2009IQ3,

since its a Monday Morning start problem, can i suggest you have the Battery 'Voltage Drop Tested',

It may be time for a new Battery, or at least getting it trickle charged.

Has the Battery terminals been checked to see they are tight?

I would hope that both things were checked by the garage as the first thing.

The next thing because of it being on a slope and in 'Park',

is it possibly the gearbox Inhibitor, or to do with your foot on the brake pedal, and a micro switch type problem,

the car needs a shookle to be able to start.

Can you park it nose up the hill and see how things are..

Still get the battery checked tho.

george

I had a similar thing to the original poster once when trying to start the car after filling with fuel. I jumped in the car, pressed the clutch and pressed the start button and nothing, no green light either on the switch. I then took the key out my pocket and placed it in the centre of the car and tried again. Fine this time.

A later explanation was that my keys were right next to my phone (iphone) and that maybe was interfering with the signal from the key to the car telling it the keys are inside.

I wonder if the stop start thing also checks if the keys are still around on start up and on the occasions you've had problems, another device was interfering with it. Maybe new batteries in the key would be a good idea to start with?

Just thinking aloud really, not saying that is the problem. :)

Craig.

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. Unfortunately I am unable to offer much help as i have not had any issues with mine, but I would certainly be asking the dealership to take it in under warranty and supply you with a courtesy car until they find the fault and fix it. Good luck.

Doh! I just noticed the original post is 12 months old :death:

Soeley,

but your reply is to the 22nd May poster & there must have been some editing going on, because that post there is not the full text that i read last week.

confused, then thats not unusual for me.

george

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links