Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hard Starting

nics mr2

Hi!

Well i have problems starting my mr2 hot or cold. Done the injectors a tune and oil change still have problems starting. It takes at least half a min 2 start.But if i dont drive it 4 a while it will start all the time but as soon as i drive it and leave it for 30 mins or longer i have problems mmmmmmm the only thing next i can think off may be the alarm plays up sometimes? mmmmm has any1 had this problem? B)

Sounds like sparks to me u tried plugs leads dizzy cap rotor arm?

Sounds like sparks to me u tried plugs leads dizzy cap rotor arm?

Hi!

And yes i have changed the cap and rotor.Also changed the ignition coil pack. And also checked the batttery voltage on the ECU and thats okmmmmmmmmmm B)

Not on an MR2 but I had the same problem on my Honda Civic, where if the engine was warm and the car would not start it would just try t ostart

Had the Solinoid replaced in the Dizzy which sorted it out.

Long shot, but possibly the fuel pump, though I would have thought if this was the problem, it would sometimes start imstantly and at other times not at all... How does it run when it does start? Is it lumpy?

Yes fuel pump sounds rite I had this kinda prob on an old motor hope u can get a cheep s/h pump 2 try

Well before you do that, I would remove the pump, clean it throughly then test it on a Battery, see if it works. Test it a few times, the most likely cause of a fuel pump failure is a worn bush, or flat somewhere on the armature contacts. Do clean it first though, you don't want to set yourself on fire with petrol residue.

Also poor starting could be due to ignition timing, or the actual ignition wiring (i.e. the electrics from the Battery, fuse box etc. that supply the ignition components with power). Timing is quite a likely cause. It is mainly apparent when the engine doesn't run well, and you feel a general loss in overall performance.

yes i have allready changed the fuel pump Bcoz that what i thought of first buuut that wasnt the problem.

And ye the timing is ok. I think mayb i have 2 check the injector pulse when startin maybe its not getting a signal straight away mmmmmmmmmmmm Not sure but i let you know how i go And thanks 4 Help.

c ya :thumbsup:

Agreed, I think you have eliminated just about everything else. Could be a dodgy connection or something.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links