Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scangauge

Gray999

Check out my Parrot-install thread (here) which will tell you how to remove the necessary panels.

Wiring the Scangauge's as simple as plugging it into the OBD port.

Once you've calibrated the Scangauge with a couple of fill-ups, the instantaneous, average trip, and (if you've configured it) average-tank mpg's are pretty accurate.

The accuracy of the economy gauge depends on how stable your driving style is.

I can drive several tanks with an accuracy within half a percent, but if I have to

go on a longer drive instead of my daily commute it can deviate as much als 8%

You can re-calibrate everytime you fill up, but I've stopped doing so, as I found

that doing so makes the accuracy "jojo" for about 3 to 5 fillups. Where as just

leaving the correction factor at zero and driving "normal" the next tanks gets me

within the average half percent I'm used to allmost instantly...

So driving inconsistently.

Aka: Lots of overtaking and A/B-road blasting then cruising on a motorway would give unnacurate results?

My normal comute would take me over about 15mi single trip.

over 10mi would be countryroads, cruising at 50mhp on CruiseControl.

These trips/tanks would give pretty good accuracy.

But driving over 300mi of motorway in a weekend, cruising between 50 and 70mph

on cruise control (depending on the speedlimit) I get about a 8% average deviation.

Would appreciate the e-bay link to the Greek company that services Europe. I understand the price is €149 including delivery. Does it come by post or carrier?

You could try and search eBay yourself...

But this is one possible link:

CLICK

How can the Scanguage have so much deviation?

How do manufacturer fitted trip computers get consistent accurate results?

Simple: the ScanGauge CALCULATES economy based on several inputs from the OBD-port, a setup by the user and a couple of assumptions.

Factory-fitted computers have access to more data that is ACTUAL instead of assumed. And some cars even have actual

flowmeters in the fuel lines, so they don't have to "guess" consumption based on injection-times, RPMs and engine capacity...

When you drive your car rough, the ECU regularly goes "Open Loop", meaning the injectors are on 100% of the time, when that

happens the actual fuel injected in dependant on fuel pressure and such, so cant really be calculated accurately. Same happens

when braking on the engine: then the injectors are closed 100% of the time, but the ScanGauge still stinks fuel is being used...

For what the ScanGauge is it's actually pretty accurate... Knowing this, I use it as a tool for RELATIVE figures: if it reads 5,0 LHK

and I adapt my driving to make it read 4,5 LHK the difference IS 10%. Even if the actual numbers are 6,0 and 5,4 instead...

So you can see how your driving influences economy and adapt accordingly.

Trusting the "range" (Tank Till Empty) feature of the ScanGauge would be stupid: I've driven my car with the SG reading 0 for

over 80km, but I've also had it tell me I still had 150km to go while at the fillup I did I only had about 2 liters left in the tank...

You could try and search ebay yourself...

But this is one possible link:

CLICK

You would not believe how long i looked for that link. It was the one! Many thanks.

Simple: the ScanGauge CALCULATES economy based on several inputs from the OBD-port, a setup by the user and a couple of assumptions.

Factory-fitted computers have access to more data that is ACTUAL instead of assumed. And some cars even have actual

flowmeters in the fuel lines, so they don't have to "guess" consumption based on injection-times, RPMs and engine capacity...

When you drive your car rough, the ECU regularly goes "Open Loop", meaning the injectors are on 100% of the time, when that

happens the actual fuel injected in dependant on fuel pressure and such, so cant really be calculated accurately. Same happens

when braking on the engine: then the injectors are closed 100% of the time, but the ScanGauge still stinks fuel is being used...

For what the ScanGauge is it's actually pretty accurate... Knowing this, I use it as a tool for RELATIVE figures: if it reads 5,0 LHK

and I adapt my driving to make it read 4,5 LHK the difference IS 10%. Even if the actual numbers are 6,0 and 5,4 instead...

So you can see how your driving influences economy and adapt accordingly.

Trusting the "range" (Tank Till Empty) feature of the ScanGauge would be stupid: I've driven my car with the SG reading 0 for

over 80km, but I've also had it tell me I still had 150km to go while at the fillup I did I only had about 2 liters left in the tank...

Very informative thank you.

I know this is a bit off-topic but has anyone got either:

One-touch/dual electric window controls

Intermittent rear-wiper

Fitted to their Aygo?

Either through diy or buying an aftermarket unit.

Yes on all of the above... But it IS way too off topic, so start an new one and I'd be happy to answer your questions.

If you do a search on my posts you should allready find quite some info too..

Has any one gone down the OBD readers route with 'Torque' application on their Android phone????

Am about to pick up my new aygo & was looking for cheaper was of having a rev counter

I think someone on our Dutch forum uses an app on an Android phone.

When you have an iPhone you need to get an OBD-dongle that creates a WiFi network,

as the iPhone still does not support data-communication other than syncing with a

carkit and specific protocols from within similar apps (like for "bumping")...

I think using a phone to monitor things is cool, but you ARE draining your phone's Battery

AND if you forget to turn on and/or link the systems you get a "gap" in your mileage data...

Has any one gone down the OBD readers route with 'Torque' application on their Android phone????

Am about to pick up my new aygo & was looking for cheaper was of having a rev counter

Yes, i use it and so do a couple of others on this forum.

If you look back to page 2, i have posted a link to the page i created back in November last year.

As for the comment about draining your phones Battery, this is true, but lets face it... the cost of the OBDII reader, the full version of the app, and a 12v phone charger for your car is still less than £50, so thats a huge saving over the cost of a scangauge device.

:thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links