Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water/coolant Leak

fzr400

Hi Guys,

I have a 91 MR2 turbo, recently I have been loosing coolant and I have now leant it is going into the header tank and on to the road, I can hear it passing the rad cap when the engine is off, I have rteplaced the cap with a .9KG cap as was on it before, and still the same, I dont normally hear the rad fans cut in so Im now trying to test it with them on all the time, has anyone else had this problem or can anyone give me any ideas to solve this problem.

Thanks

Jon

Is it running ok otherwise? Not overheating? Might be an idea to get a compression check done, sounds like the head gasket may have gone.

Hi Kelvyn,

It runs very well, no missfire, would only over heat if the water ran down, Im getting the timing belt done and a clutch change as a favour, do you thing I should put a rev 3 head gasket on anyway as the engine will be out, im told the rev 3 gasket is metal.

Thanks

Jon

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links