Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flaking Paint

Bobby-H

I saw this pic of an MR2 on eBay, the owner says damage to the paint was done while using a pressure washer.

17_1.JPG

I had a similar thing happen to mine, luckily it was on one of the sils and cos I'm a bit handy with a sprey gun I managed to fix it. Thing is, I wouldnt like to try and fix someting like that if it was in a really obvious place, has anybody had paint flake off on their 2???

Is it paint that's flaked?? looks to me like it is a top layer of lacquer....

regardless - still looks very nasty.

Rash

Same happened to me with a pressure washer, several layers of paint flaked off one of the front wings, the area affected was about the size of a coffee cup. I try spraying just the wing, but being a red car, the rest of the paint was faded. I therefore sprayed the whole front end. In the above case, it does indeed look just like the lacquer coat.

Indeed it looks as if it is the clear coat. I had paint flaking on the wing of my car as well and when the paint comes off the color looks alot different. My wing was mostly grey as the car black. I just got everything redone and won't use a pressure washer on it anymore. That is what the guy said happened when the paint began to come off. but the paint on your pic looks to similar to the car for both layers to be peeling.

The passenger door on my black car has gone grey too, although there is no obvious peeling.......it looks as if the lacquer has gone cloudy....wierd :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links