Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Double Declutching

yannick

Adams post doesn;t mention leaving it in neutral and dropping the clutch before going into the next gear :blink:

If it does I'm totally confused, looks like hes talking about smooth proper gear changes

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yannick

• Karma Supra

• Funkadelic

• Titto

thats why MR2's have been branded "dangerous" becasue idiots get into them and wonder why the back overtakes the front!!

Exactly.

Hairdresser my *****.

Some bloke (some narrow-minded German car owning, uneducated tosspiece) thought it would be funny to say "I'll have a short back and sides please" as I drove past him today. He wasn't expecting me stop and ask him to repeat what he just said...

Long story short, my friend and I I put him right about a few things.

Oh, just to explain about rev matching.

Say you're doing 80 in 5th at 4000RPM and want to change to 4th by double declutching.

During the throttle blip in the middle of the double declutching process, you would blip the throttle to the level of revs the engine will be running at when you engage 4th gear (roughly 1000RPM more than in 5th, so blip to 5000RPM, basically).

Yeah Karma,

I was confused because peoples comments were sounding like they were getting it mixed up. I just banged that thing on for info!

CHeers

Adam

Fair enough ;)

when you do a superdelux double declutch with integral rev matching (lol) its nice and satisfying!

Nice on turbo cars too :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links