Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Onboard Computer, From Mpg To Litres ?

Andy SR180

Hi,

I just watched a review of a new european Auris, and the computer was reporting miles per litre instead of gallons.

Does anyone one know a way of changing the onboard computer from gallons to litres via a secret menu or something ?

I presume the onboard computers are the same just setup differently.

Thanks

Andy

Should be on the settings somewhere pal!

:thumbsup:

Yes, there is not a secret menu...you can switch from mpg to liters simply by settings... :thumbsup:

Hi,

I just watched a review of a new european Auris, and the computer was reporting miles per litre instead of gallons.

Does anyone one know a way of changing the onboard computer from gallons to litres via a secret menu or something ?

I presume the onboard computers are the same just setup differently.

Thanks

Andy

You've got the choice of mpg of km/l... don't think there's an option for mpl... blink.gif

Ops... :o Sorry, you are right, the only options are mpg, km/l and if I'm not wrong l/100km... ;)

Ops... :o Sorry, you are right, the only options are mpg, km/l and if I'm not wrong l/100km... ;)

I have a left hand drive Hybrid and cannot for the life of me work out how to change from l/100km to mpg, I have ask before and cannot see any option in the setup menu via the sterring wheel Display button:(

I have a left hand drive Hybrid and cannot for the life of me work out how to change from l/100km to mpg, I have ask before and cannot see any option in the setup menu via the sterring wheel Display button:(

I'm afraid you may well be out of luck....

If you notice on 'old fashioned' speedo's you will see in the UK we have MPH with KMH on a smaller ring inside the MPH dial. On the continent they have KMH on the outside ring with NO inner MPH ring.... My take on this is that if a vehicle is left hand drive destined for a KMH country with a digital readout, the MPH option is not available.

A quick check with your local Mr T will confirm this I suspect

Sorry.

:crybaby:

I'm afraid you may well be out of luck....

If you notice on 'old fashioned' speedo's you will see in the UK we have MPH with KMH on a smaller ring inside the MPH dial. On the continent they have KMH on the outside ring with NO inner MPH ring.... My take on this is that if a vehicle is left hand drive destined for a KMH country with a digital readout, the MPH option is not available.

A quick check with your local Mr T will confirm this I suspect

Sorry.

:crybaby:

Yes you are correct about the speedo just having only km on the dial, would be handy to also have mph as my brain still works in that way:) thing is my LH Corolla had just the km dial but I could change to mpg on that one but it was built into the radio display.

I have an Irish one with the KM speedo, but still can have mpg or l/100km on the fuel readout. 08 model.

I have an Irish one with the KM speedo, but still can have mpg or l/100km on the fuel readout. 08 model.

Irish speedo? now i must see one of them,any pics please?

• Like 1

Its in English, just meant its the Irish Model, KM instead of miles on speedo.

Eire = kmh, (common border with) Northern Ireland = mph

Therefore both available

europe - left hand drive/kmh - no common border with the UK therefore no MPH or option!

- one day they will catch up with the Channel Tunnel :lol:

Noted that we in the UK have both MPH and KMH - that's 'cos we're stupid! (and one day we will have KMH as well :crybaby: )

Eire = kmh, (common border with) Northern Ireland = mph

Therefore both available

europe - left hand drive/kmh - no common border with the UK therefore no MPH or option!

- one day they will catch up with the Channel Tunnel :lol:

Noted that we in the UK have both MPH and KMH - that's 'cos we're stupid! (and one day we will have KMH as well :crybaby: )

call me old fashioned, but would not want that.

Its in English, just meant its the Irish Model, KM instead of miles on speedo.

i was just kidding,excuse sense of humour.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links