Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Finally Got The Wife An Iq

Tiny83

Thought I would say hi after finally getting the car after we ordered it in September last year.

Delay after delay after safety recal meant that the little amethyst iq2 with the sports pack urban kit and leather it Finally arrived two weeks ago.

I had asked the guys at Toyota Luton not to wash or remove anything on the car as I am meticulous about cleaning cars and getting them perfect and told them where to go with this superguard rubbish.

First day home I took the wheels off to put some rim wax on (oo err misses) and found that the wheels had all been damaged when the tyres were put on. the paint had been removed in a 3-4 inch strip across 4 places on the rear of the wheels leaving bare metal. The most galling thing was that it would have been noticed as someone had put a !Removed! balance weight over an exposed section.

Apart from the monkeys at Toyota Luton attempting to fob me off with "they all come like that it's perfectly normal" I had to remove the wheel and show them it really shouldn't be like this and also show where they had started to corrode due to the missing paint.

The Radio keeps cutting out loosing all power and turning itself back on having forgot all the presets :(

So Toyota have it back and we have a cool little 60 plate blue car that matches my RX-8 perfectly

8f6a1bd1.jpg

Apart from all of the above I really love the iQ I love the little growly 3 cylinder 1 litter engine and the amazing gearing in 2nd I think with a few tweaks to the suspension and some wider wheels I may have almost as much of a grin on my face as the rx8 leaves me.

The turning circle is inhuman and almost defies the laws of physics and has really upset a few people at a roundabout or two now.

Can't wait to get it back the only thing that is letting it down for me so far is the headlights but that's nothing a HID kit can't sort.

So anyway hello :P

8T0 = the best colour! Lovely RX-8 too :thumbsup:

Why did it take so long, mine was 7 days from day I walked in the showroom...I did buy poverty spec though.

Nice Rex, I miss my old RX8 231, but 35k over 2 1/2 years made me light on the wallet at the 17mpg that I generally averaged. Winning blue is the best colour on the Rex.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links