Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq For £8000

coolkat

hello everyone.

i researched a lot and IQ looked like the best car for my needs. 5yr warranty from toyota less than 400 (yes 400 not 4000) miles on clock. ex-demo car but nothing to report at all. compared with the brand new one and no difference at all. so here is my question.. is £8000 a good deal?

btw.. mine is silver 1.0 ltr vvti

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds OK.

Shouldnt make that much difference to you when moving it on if its 2 owner at that time,

& no problem if you are keeping it long enough.

you are getting the saving now instead of having to take the drop driving a new one out the showroom.

When was it first registered?

2010 model was £10,278 @ full OTR price

(you would get a good discount on one of these new if available i would expect)

2011 model was/is £10,445 @ full OTR plus metallic paint which is £418.72

so £10,863 On the road new if no discount.

is it a 2010 euro 4

or 2011 euro 5,

60 plate or 11 plate.

& has it got the new interior?

george

Looks great.

My next one will be silver.

Black has been a mistake.

love the look, feed up of washing it every night.

The 15" rims are great on a iQ,

tried driving 16" & 17" rim cars

& they are harsh drives in comparison with the lower profile tyres IMO.

I would say its a Euro 4,

which is not a bad thing.

official fuel shows better than on the euro 5.

i dont believe what they print anyway.

I like that interior colour,

its still in the 2011 models in some colours of iQ2 & 3.

The 2011 iQ has the same interior as this iQ2.

(minus the leather tho unless paid for.)

george

hello everyone.

i researched a lot and IQ looked like the best car for my needs. 5yr warranty from toyota less than 400 (yes 400 not 4000) miles on clock. ex-demo car but nothing to report at all. compared with the brand new one and no difference at all. so here is my question.. is £8000 a good deal?

btw.. mine is silver 1.0 ltr vvti

It is good value for an IQ but it is "only" an IQ1 as far as I can see in the picture (no fog lights), which doesn't have the gadgetry of the IQ2 and IQ3.

If you don't mind that, no problem, but I like all the automatic systems (wipers, lights and climate control) and intelligent entry etc of the IQ2.

All lovely stuff when its working

& the vehicle is in warranty.

It will all stop working sometime in the future probably

& cost you to fix if you still own the car..

Fact is the simple 'cheapskate' models do the job just great.

Fold back iQ3 mirrors are no joke to replace when someone knocks them off in moving traffic when they are not folded back.

Manual A/C will save you fuel,

switched off saves on economy,

&

is as hopeless switched on as the auto climate control.

You pays your extra money & get your gadgets,

or buy 'poverty spec' & enjoy the simplicity, and just the same seating & comfort IMO.

I am a cheapskate & like simpicity (fact is it made no difference to me pricewise which i bought,

tested a iQ3 last week & prefer an iQ)

I can push buttons & unlock doors myself happily..

Each to their own.

george

All lovely stuff when its working

& the vehicle is in warranty.

It will all stop working sometime in the future probably

& cost you to fix if you still own the car..

Fact is the simple 'cheapskate' models do the job just great.

Fold back iQ3 mirrors are no joke to replace when someone knocks them off in moving traffic when they are not folded back.

Manual A/C will save you fuel,

switched off saves on economy,

&

is as hopeless switched on as the auto climate control.

You pays your extra money & get your gadgets,

or buy 'poverty spec' & enjoy the simplicity, and just the same seating & comfort IMO.

I am a cheapskate & like simpicity (fact is it made no difference to me pricewise which i bought,

tested a iQ3 last week & prefer an iQ)

I can push buttons & unlock doors myself happily..

Each to their own.

george

Exactly.

i didnt want all the extras. it isnt hard to turn the ignition key or to flip the switch for wipers or turn few knobs for A/C which i will hardly be using after 1(?) month of british summer. all i wanted was an AUX input, low emmissions, high mpg and low on wallet when I go for servicing. and yeah.. 5 yrs toyota warranty too.

the only thing i miss may be is congestion exemption i donno for sure if this one is exempt from it. i will ask the dealer tomorrow. other than thati think its perfect as per your input. i didnt get what i didnt want and i got almost everything i wanted.

thanks for the input guys.. i feel like i made the right decision by accepting it :) .

Depends if you can drive a bargin re the cheapskate, I got a IQ2 for less then the 1k extra your meant to pay and I agree re you can flip a switch etc but isnt that the same for with TV remote - and if you want to be a cheapskate why not buy a aygo?

LOL,

because i wasnt looking for an Aygo,(have you been in one?)

&

Because i have a big car with the toys,a LC4 auto,

(not really that comfortable for me or practical apart from good as a tow barge.)

& a small 4x4 for play,

Suzuki Jimny's are almost the exact same seating position as a iQ just tighter elbow room.)

Already have a great small car in the family,

good fun for a blast & very reliable but its a tight fit & uncomfortable after 50 miles

(Kia Picanto LX auto, really the closest thing to the original mini IMO.)

I wanted a small automatic car that i could fit in comfortably for the sake of a bad back & artificial leg,

able to drive a distance & get out of comfortably.

(there is no other vehicle that was suitable that i found, other than, Qubo/Bipper/Nemo & they have diesel/PDF problems as Euro 5's & cr4p auto's)

'iQ' ticks the boxes as a car to own & keep,

(driving it now almost exclusively)

had a used 'ex demo' iQ2multidrive

(we still own it within the family, all it's problems fixed properly now)

replaced it with this new iQ (running in properly might by why its a smoother car than the 'ex demo')

&

a having tried a iQ3 it doesnt perform much better or make economic sense to my thinking,

as a car to buy/keep/own for any length of time.

(will not know if a 'new' iQ3 is smoother than the 'demo' i drove, untill a private owner lets me try theirs)

george

i tried aygo but i didnot like the interior at all! there is noise inside the cabin and the whole feeling seemed kinda cheap plastic. moreover, the one i looked was costing me almost the same amount as this IQ inspite of having done 1000 more miles than IQ. this one looks more refined even with the gadgets missing.

unfortunately this is euro 4 so no congestion exemption :( but the road tax is still £0 :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links