Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Alternative Vote

balli hi

So the polling stations will be open tomorrow for people to cast their vote on the alternative voting system or AV for short, does anyone actually understand how the Alternative Vote works, will any of you guys be bothering to vote tomorrow and if so which way and why, i personally will be voting as i always do because i don't believe in wasting my right to vote and will be voting for no change, i have heard all the relative arguments for and against AV but am happy for our voting system to stay as it is :thumbsup:

The Alternative Vote System

What is it and how does it work? http://www.nhsmanagers.net/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/alternativevotesystem.pdf

I always vote, people who don't cannot moan about their lot if they can't be bothered to get off their sofa's and go to the polling station!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I always vote, people who don't cannot moan about their lot if they can't be bothered to get off their sofa's and go to the polling station!

normaly always vote.but have heared nothing from any cadidates,so know nothing about them.

on tv news it shows supporters sticking leaflets through peoples letter boxes.not mine though

if they cant bother to keep me informed ,then i am not going to bother to vote.

as to AV vote,cant see it being other than a no.

I've been bombarded with leaflets!

AV is not Proportional Representation, something which might work. I think it will be a NO too, most people dont have a clue how it works and you could end up with all sorts of people elected, even if not the popular vote!

normaly always vote.but have heared nothing from any cadidates,so know nothing about them.

on tv news it shows supporters sticking leaflets through peoples letter boxes.not mine though

Ace, I agree with Kingo, if you don't vote for one of the local council candidates, please vote in the AV referendum.... If 75 percent of the population thought as you did it will probably be a yes! 'cos the ones that want it will make sure they vote whereas those that "think it will be a no so I won't bother" will ensure that BNP and EDL will get seats at the next election.... Think how the weimar republic turned into the third reich in 1936....

:thumbsup:

oops,just rememberd reading something about not being enough candidates on my voting ward for a vote to take place,you would of thought an official explanation would have been given.

but that would have cost council money if they had informed every household with letters,so must applaud them for that.

Ace, I agree with Kingo, if you don't vote for one of the local council candidates, please vote in the AV referendum.... If 75 percent of the population thought as you did it will probably be a yes! 'cos the ones that want it will make sure they vote whereas those that "think it will be a no so I won't bother" will ensure that BNP and EDL will get seats at the next election.... Think how the weimar republic turned into the third reich in 1936....

wife wants to vote a NO on av so i will take her there.but although ive explained how av is supposed to work, i am not sure she has realy got it.but if she wants to vote,then vote she shall.

I will be voting then off to Chester Races for a day on the lash, then I can put the world to rights, in the knowledge I've done my bit for society :D: :D:

J&T you are so right :thumbsup:

I will be voting then off to Chester Races for a day on the lash, then I can put the world to rights, in the knowledge I've done my bit for society :D: :D:

i dunno its alright for some :lol: after casting my vote i'll be back indoors to finish painting the dining room then when thats done i'll be off to work then back home some time after midnight :yawn: no peace for the wicked :lol: ......have a good time Kingo and have one for me :beer::cheers::thumbsup:

Had a little flutter this affo, got 3rd place, that's a bit like an AV :D:

Don't worry B_H, I shall be thinking of you lot when I raise my glass :beer: The sun rises above the Yardarm early on race days :sick:

not trying to start a politcal arguments on the merits of one party or other.

but why is there politics in county/town councils.

surely they are in office to run these councils for the benifit of the area and local people without politics interfering with any decisions they make.

surely they are in office to run these councils for the benifit of the area and local people without politics interfering with any decisions they make.

I think it is called democracy Ace :lol: if you dont like 'em, vote 'em out next time :thumbsup:

I think it is called democracy Ace :lol: if you dont like 'em, vote 'em out next time :thumbsup:

if they were not representing a political party ie independent you would be able to vote em out,would you not.

there are those who will vote for a party and not an indeviduel no matter how bad he is, cos they have always done so,or good enough for their dad so good enough for them.

so get politics out of local elections.

Lol @ ace....

You actually have got it in one!! Although one lot gives the impression that if the other lot get control the world will stop spinning and we'll all fall off :yahoo: witness the reaction of Labour councils to the coalition cuts!

Oh well, only another day and we can do our bit for posterity :thumbsup:

well have voted on AV.nothing else to vote on.asked why, they said there there was no one to oppose those already in office.i asked why we had nothing official on this other than a short mention in local paper.they did not know why.

Off to vote shortly, always believe in voting rather than wasting the opportunity

well have voted on AV.nothing else to vote on.asked why, they said there there was no one to oppose those already in office.i asked why we had nothing official on this other than a short mention in local paper.they did not know why.

You missed your chance there Ace..... you could have stood for election and changed the face of local politics in your area :yahoo:

You missed your chance there Ace..... you could have stood for election and changed the face of local politics in your area :yahoo:

Oh why didnt i think of that Jan&Tone,think of it, free fuel for toyota drivers.coming into the county.

Oh why didnt i think of that Jan&Tone,think of it, free fuel for toyota drivers.coming into the county.

is that on top of the free housing, medical treatment, schooling etc?

:yawn:

is that on top of the free housing, medical treatment, schooling etc?

:yawn:

Hi Jan&Tone, that goes without saying.may even through in a free toyota service or two.

It's our civil duty to vote at every election :thumbsup:

Can you guess what it is yet ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links