Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dog

acetip

we are getting our selves a dog from the local rehoming centre.10 years since our Shandy passed away (old english)

the one we are getting is a mongrol stray sent over from Ireland.i think its a cross between a jackal & [i really should not try to beat the swearfilter].

pretty little thing though.more scratches in the car i suppose (if there is room.

Well done!

Dog in the passenger seat, wife in the boot!

Simples :yahoo:

Of the 5 dogs we have had 2 have been rescues, but through their breed societies; Sheba, a Tervueran (Belgian Shepherd) and Seve, a Flatcoated Retriever. Both were competely succesful. You can see Sheba and Ben and William our other Flatcoats here http://www.flickr.com/photos/norwichhouse-oakridge/ amongst we have owned or met.

Oo-er, I didn't know it was going to insert a slideshow. I am sorry if I have broken the rules Messrs Moderators. I have removed the direct reference, look for 'Dogs and Cats' down the right-hand side.

Malcolm

P.S. Now where has this perishin' advert come from? I have not put it in and it is outsided the editable are. Grrrr....

Edited by oakridge

Here is my old girl "Jess" who is sadly no longer with us, :crybaby: the best dog I ever had! She was a cross German Shepherd / Collie and was from a local re-homeing centre, she was 16 and I had here from about a year old,

Kingo :thumbsup:

75843287_o.jpg

great pics and great pets.

• 2 weeks later...

great pics and great pets.

IMG_0527.jpg

picked up our new dog FLYNN,on friday been as good as gold,no noise at night,very clean.no damages.that was for the first three days,now he thinks he owns the place.he is kept in what is called the middle roomt,it has my pc,a tv etc.in it wife does not want him going in the kitchen or front room.so have fitted a childs stair safety gate so he is confined to the middle room and conservatory so he can come and go in the garden.on the fourth day the plimsoles i keep for use in the garden that are placed just inside the conserve door he considers fair game.

and almost destroyed them.brought a dog bed at Lidls that he hardly uses.the cushion in it went missing,it was found a the bottom of the garden unharmed.grandchildren brought toys for him, they lasted a couple of hours in one piece.wife today brought at a discount shop a tennis type ball on a rope,lasted about quater of an hour,rope shredded and ball in half.

everyone who meet him loves him,he so friendly.cant sit down without him hopping up on mine or anyones lap.but he is no softy.hates me being out of his sight.loves being in a car.but put scratch on the internal trim of door on wifes car.she was not to happy.thats nothing to what my auris has by first owner.he barks very little even when neibours dog does.the genuine tennis in the pic he has had from day one and its stood up well to his attacks only just begining to feel lumpy,

• Like 1

He looks lovely, he also looks like he has settled right in

He has settled in very well.as ive said he was rescued as a stray in ireland,wanted to call him murphy or paddy,but the wife thought that racist.you want to hear what she calls me at times.she no great animal lover as i am.worried about that Flynn may spoil the house.

wonder she does not banish me from some of the rooms,and wipe my feet incase they are mucky when coming in from the garden.

Dogs destroy things because they are bored, exercise is the key, if dogs are anxious they can chew too. Your dog is probably lively and needs more to do

If he destroys things, repremind him right away, use a stern voice, low in pitch

Dont give him old slippers to play with, they can be destroyed easily, and you will confuse him, he will think ANY shoe is his to be eaten :lol:

Give him proper doggie toys, not tennis balls, the fur comes off (the ball-not the dog) and can get swallowed, doggie toys usually last longer but maybe more expensive. The hide type chews last well and he can eat them without harm. He wont chew it all day, but should pick it up again when he is bored

Leaving a radio on while you are out can calm your dog when you are not around, its not your voice but he will think he has not been left alone and should not get too anxious

Boredom and anxiety is what you must avoid at all costs, exercise him regularly!

and fair doo's............he looks cute ;)

Dogs destroy things because they are bored, exercise is the key, if dogs are anxious they can chew too. Your dog is probably lively and needs more to do

If he destroys things, repremind him right away, use a stern voice, low in pitch

Dont give him old slippers to play with, they can be destroyed easily, and you will confuse him, he will think ANY shoe is his to be eaten :lol:

Give him proper doggie toys, not tennis balls, the fur comes off (the ball-not the dog) and can get swallowed, doggie toys usually last longer but maybe more expensive. The hide type chews last well and he can eat them without harm. He wont chew it all day, but should pick it up again when he is bored

Leaving a radio on while you are out can calm your dog when you are not around, its not your voice but he will think he has not been left alone and should not get too anxious

Boredom and anxiety is what you must avoid at all costs, exercise him regularly!

and fair doo's............he looks cute ;)

he does not get a chance to be bored,cos he his wearing me out throwing things for him.proper pet toys only last about 15 mins.the tennis ball stands up pretty well he does not try pulling the fur off.when playing with his ball ive got him to sit,leave and fetch.

call out any name but his own (like the grandkids)he will come running.

at night he very good,no scratching at safety gate eyc.

its only a week today since we got him,so early days yet.

i did not give a slipper,he helped himself.

thanks for the advice.

Don't take this the wrong way but he smelled your scent on it :lol: He thinks you are the dominant one in the pack and you must make him continue thinking that way

There will be proper pet toys he cannot destroy, tennis balls do stand up to a bit of noshing (oooh err) :naughty: but the fur on them is not good if digested. Get one of those hide chews that are a solid bone shape (ooh err again) :rolleyes:

Don't take this the wrong way but he smelled your scent on it :lol: He thinks you are the dominant one in the pack and you must make him continue thinking that way

There will be proper pet toys he cannot destroy, tennis balls do stand up to a bit of noshing (oooh err) :naughty: but the fur on them is not good if digested. Get one of those hide chews that are a solid bone shape (ooh err again) :rolleyes:

thanks kingo,i will get one of those for him.

He’s beautiful. I’m sure your wife will grow to love him too. Just give her time.

• 1 month later...

He’s beautiful. I’m sure your wife will grow to love him too. Just give her time.

IMG_0558.jpg

you were right wife loves him to pieces now as so does everyone,and he loves everyone too.

had flynn 8 weeks now,and he owns the place.the house revolves around him.

got a toy called a kong that even he cant destroy.you have to only step out into the garden and he wants it thrown for him.he never tires chasing it.he is brilliant in the car too.just lays there watching my every move.

Hes beautiful. Im sure your wife will grow to love him too. Just give her time.

IMG_0558.jpg

you were right wife loves him to pieces now as so does everyone,and he loves everyone too.

had flynn 8 weeks now,and he owns the place.the house revolves around him.

got a toy called a kong that even he cant destroy.you have to only step out into the garden and he wants it thrown for him.he never tires chasing it.he is brilliant in the car too.just lays there watching my every move.

your dog is almost a twin to one i had several years ago.

you can see the corgi in him,includind the turned out front paws.though my dog would sometimes be effected by travel sicknees on longer car journeys.

you got a real lovely dog. congrats and a long and happy ownership.

He looks a right character, glad he has got you all under control now :lol:

Our 2 are in the dog house at the moment after being a bit naughty today, not their fault really they have just been bored, a long walk round Tatton Park tomorrow will have them sorted

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links