Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Am I Nuts?

Jimlad

My plans for my mr2 this year....

well I'll have it back within a few days from the bodyshop, so all bodywork and respray will be complete then.

After that I'm gonna get some Sparco Torino 2 seats.

Then gonna start on the innards.

Basically by the end of the year it should be a 450bhp ( can't drive it in anysort of wetish conditions... lol ) beast.

HKS turbo kit, engine management, external wastegate... blah blah blah.

am I bonkers?? .... originally I was gonna sell and get a Supra, but because of the money I've put into the bodykit and respray alone ( about £3000 ish )... there's not much point. So I decided to keep the bugger and go a little mad.

the money's not ever lasting... ( unfortunatley ! :( )

The bodyshop has nearly bled me dry.... doesn't help that I've also moved house and had to pay bluddy £1000 before I could even move in !! But after a couple of months of saving... the fun starts again.

But having a mental MR2 will be fun :)

Oh yeah.... I'm back btw. Set up in me new pad.. only on 56k at the mo tho.. so no massive pictures please !

It's good to be back.

:yes: you are nuts, but the world needs a few more nut cases ;)

can't wait to see the car, sounds like it will be a one off !

yes you are clinically mad, but as surinder states... would be a boring place without mentalists like yourself :thumbsup:

I'll hopefully have some pics in a few days... but it will be without the rev5 spoiler tho as I just received it yesterday. Took longer to get here than expected.

But it should be good... dunno if I'll be able to handle speedbumps tho !!

Lol, maybe a bit nuts, but heck if you have the money then do it - just make sure you hang on to the car now! It's will still go round corners better than a supra anyway :thumbsup: One thing to check first - make sure you're renewal premium isn't going to be too high. It would be an awful pity to spend loads then find it's impossible to insure the thing!!

hope you've priced up 450bhp my engine build was nearly £3000 and thats without a steel crank (£1000) rods (£700) and i built it myself. but hey if you have the cash go for it :thumbsup:

hope you've priced up 450bhp my engine build was nearly £3000 and thats without a steel crank (£1000) rods (£700) and i built it myself. but hey if you have the cash go for it :thumbsup:

yip... £4500 for everything needed.... like I said tho.. a few month saving ahead

£4500 for just the parts.. thats silly. The car will be undrivable at 450bhp.

Should you really put all that money into it?

i think you would be mad NOT to, to be honest!

Jimlad, you could buy another car for that mate! (Supra etc) and keep the '2'...

it aint all about power, its about how its delivered and just as you can have too little, too much is also somethin to think about! - at £4500, you could spend it on so much more - but i know what you'll do! B)

Adam, you beat me to it! I was just about to say, thinking about it, from what I've learnt, 350bhp is about the max you can deliver in a '2 and for the car to still be drivable - i.e. fun etc. I think you might find it unmanageable at 450bhp + the insurance is likely to be astronomical.....

Nah, it would still be drivable...

Just remember to keep a fair old distance from the traffic infront of you at the lights! :lol:

Jimlad, you could buy another car for that mate! (Supra etc) and keep the '2'...

it aint all about power, its about how its delivered and just as you can have too little, too much is also somethin to think about! - at £4500, you could spend it on so much more - but i know what you'll do! B)

You could buy another GT MR2 as your daily then REALLY go nuts on your current one ;)

December 1992, K reg., Brilliant white GT-S Turbo coupe, manual, 66,000 miles, excellent condition, A/C, 10 CD/stereo, turbo timer, Nardi sports leather steering wheel adjustable for height & reach, De-limited, £3950, includes service & 12 months warranty.

170____001.jpg

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I'm thinking Jimlads drug money is going to his head........

joke.

Why spend 4k on your car when I will always beat you round town!

I say do it.

You'll have something nobody else has.

If you DO do it though, make sure you hang on to the car for quite a while.

You could buy another GT MR2 as your daily then REALLY go nuts on your current one

Very true, I've just bought a 1994 GT for £200!! I was a bit lucky there mind you, but it's in spanking condition, couple of superficial rust spots, needs some engine work, but that's all :).

all that power in a 2...

but it'l only be at FULL boost right?

for general driving just tone the boost levels down and it should be ok.

Either that or get a MoTeC controller and have various settings (shotgun ur unichip ;))

-Z

Just spoke to a chap who once drove a 320bhp MR2.

He said it was "involving, or in other words !Removed! scary."

Good luck! :lol:

Hmmm, time for a poll:

How long will Jimlad survive in his new rocket machine?

Lol then after that:

How much will Jimlad's insurance quote be?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links