Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AE86 20v Or GZE?

Old Skool Cars

4AGE 20v Vs 4AGZE in a AE86??  

9 members have voted

1. 1. 4AGE 20v Vs 4AGZE in a AE86??

• 4AGE 20v
    • 4AGZE

Guys,

what would you choose in putting into a AE86 Rolla?

i have read about Si's Twinner with a GZE Fitted and it seems to be QUICK to say the least but he said he encountered some problems.

Is the 20v as good?? have the power but what about the torque??

Check out these links??

http://www.jbmotorsport.co.uk/productssimple5.html

http://www.jbmotorsport.co.uk/productssimple0.html

A turbo charged and supercharged 4agzte could be good!! but costly!!

What do you all think??

I heard that you can only run a certain amount of boost through the supercharger due to some technical reason??

Not quite sure what it is but maybe its a mith....Does anyone know the ins and outs?

What kinda intercooler is best to run? i know the top mounted JUNK wont fit so i imagine its biggest is best!

Also, what g/box should you use if putting out big power? i have a link that supplies bell housing for supra and celica gear boxes but is the latest supra 6 speed?

Id imagine the ratios in the supra gearbox to be very long since it has the power to pull them on to 150+mph....

I would like a nice mint white/black AE86 with 13'inch superlites and about 200bhp on tap with a gze but a top speed of 120mph....not mad into top end.

id like it to do sub 6 seconds 0-60 since 6 seconds dead is attained quite handy by the sounds of thing....but what problems did you encounter Si with the GZE?

Also, Si what exhaust did you have on you coupe? i think it was Apexi manifold and system? where did you get it and or how much? the janspeed looks a bit !Removed! compared to the japo upswept polished system sticking out the cars rear!! nice touch.

Cheers,

Ian.

The supercharger has an ABV (air bypass valve fitted) which is activated by the ECU at a certain boost level. Standard GZE supechargers push out 8psi but a larger crank pulley and/or smaller supercharger pulley can push this up to 14psi. To stop the ABV venting the extra boost to atmosphere there is "fix" which stops the ABV being activated. Do a Google search for "ABV mod" for the details.

Sorry - can't help you with the rest.

Well i wasnt aware of the ABV on the GZE so you have helped me out so far!!

Thanks.

Has anyone else out there got some info on the GZE into a AE86??

Any info at all is good to me cause i havent done this before!

Anything i may need to know about the conversion electronically or mechanically?

Or even engine mods to do to the GZE hwn its in!!

If you do the crank pulley and the abv mod you will be able to get a smaller pulley for the sc12 :thumbsup: it will take the 125mill one on the sc12 down to 96mill so with this combo 200bhp is nice and easy to get

Cheers Guys... :thumbsup:

Nice one on the small but vital details!!

2 pulleys = 200bhp!! thats crazy really!! some people would spend big cash to get that out of a 4age 16v or 20v!

i checked out the ABV mod on google and i know what to do.... :hokus-pokus:

Happy dayz!

i was told you cant use the 3sgte injectors? they are side fed as opposed to the gze top feed?

"Quote: just a side not, 3SGTE has sidefeed injectors so unless you have a 20v head with the manifolding from that, you will have to invest in different injectors as the GZE has top feed. 7MGTE fit straight in and have top feed 440cc. Stock GZE injectors are 365cc? which should be more then enough for 200hp at the flywheel."

Thanks again guys,

Ian.

Nice one on the small but vital details!!

2 pulleys = 200bhp!! thats crazy really!! some people would spend big cash to get that out of a 4age 16v or 20v!

i

The only thing if you do the abv mod and both pulley's is that the sc12 will die if the boost is taken over 18psi :lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links