Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New To The Forum With An Oddity At Hand – 87 Dlx

thecollective

My 87 Corolla DLX, 1587 cc 1.6 liter engine 152,000 miles on it, is having a major break down. Multiple problems include the following:

1. Turning the car on in the morning causes idle to stick really hi until accelerator is tapped down or car warms up.

2. Turning headlights or rear defrost on causes idle to spike really high until lights or defroster is turned off. This causes many problems in traffic at night since the car will over heat in this condition. When lights or defroster are off, the car is barely idling and will sometimes die while the car is stopped.

3. In stop and go traffic, being that my car is a manual, when lightly playing the clutch and releasing it, the idle will surge and eventually come down after tapping the accelerator.

4. While accelerating at any given speed or duration, the car hesitates and bogs downs. I have to “milk” the accelerator in order for it to gain speed.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links