Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Washer Bottle Pump Removal

mike1139

hello members,

i am a new member any advice would be appreciated.i own an avensis 1.8vvt-i year 2000,which has been superb for 9 years.the washer bottle pump has given up on us,i ve located the pump under the wheel arch splashguard/frontbumper undertray.any ideas how it comes off i.didnt want to break the bottle.

any ideas on where i can buy a replacement.

thanks

Only recently had to have the washer pump renewed on a wee doctor friend's Yaris, Mike.......£60.00 bloody sovvies from local Mr.T....hope this not same for your Avensis....off to the scrappy....?

Big Kev :angry:

Only recently had to have the washer pump renewed on a wee doctor friend's Yaris, Mike.......£60.00 !Removed! sovvies from local Mr.T....hope this not same for your Avensis....off to the scrappy....?

Big Kev :angry:

ok big kev cheers.just purchased haynes manual off the bay,maybe covers it in there.last resort local mr T i reckoned close on a ton with fittin and i dont mind havin a go.cheers again :thumbsup:

It is not difficult

First get a container to catch the fluid. Unplug the wiring from the pumps. If you look at the pump or pumps (depends if the car is hatchback or saloon), there is a plastic retaining ring around the pump. Using a screwdriver to depress a catch and pull the retaining ring up. Pull off the pipe from the pump, then pull the pump from the reservoir.

Fitting is reversal of removal. :thumbsup:

Hi there. It's not difficult to replace - the two pumps (front & rear) along with the white plastic clip slide up and out of the locating groove in the washer bottle. I replaced mine a month or two ago. Genuine replacement pump from Mr T is expensive (£60? ish). I got mine from a scrapyard via eBay - but took a bit of finding. Good luck.

• Like 1

It is not difficult

First get a container to catch the fluid. Unplug the wiring from the pumps. If you look at the pump or pumps (depends if the car is hatchback or saloon), there is a plastic retaining ring around the pump. Using a screwdriver to depress a catch and pull the retaining ring up. Pull off the pipe from the pump, then pull the pump from the reservoir.

Fitting is reversal of removal. :thumbsup:

thanks konrad c great.just need to get replacement and i ll have a go.cheers :thumbsup:

Hi there. It's not difficult to replace - the two pumps (front & rear) along with the white plastic clip slide up and out of the locating groove in the washer bottle. I replaced mine a month or two ago. Genuine replacement pump from Mr T is expensive (£60? ish). I got mine from a scrapyard via eBay - but took a bit of finding. Good luck.

cheers talldave.will also eBay first,mr t last resort.hopefully may get a break in the rain during the "summer" to get it done.thanks again :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...

I know it's resurrecting an old thread, but ...

How do you get to the bottle in the first place - it's not all that clear which of the gazzillion plastic rivets you need to remove and which bit(s) of plastic come out best to gain access.

Also, anyone know the part number, and recommended source, for the plastic rivets that hold the front skirt together ? SWMBO caught something a while back and has sheared off a few of them so I figure I can deal with that at the same time. Not to mention, I expect I'll break some getting at the pump :blush:

This post was for the Mk1 T22 model. Your profile shows the Mk2 T25 model and it looks like the washer system is located in the front right bumper wheel arch: 

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2006/avensis/zzt251r-almekw/3_273550_054_223W/electrical/8503_windshield-washer

AVENSIS |  WINDSHIELD WASHER

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2006/avensis/zzt251r-almekw/3_273550_054_223W/body/5102_suspension-crossmember-under-cover#51441C

You need to undo some fixings around the bumper wheel arch area.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Washer pump toyota avensis which colour pump is front and which is rear? 

3 hours ago, Andrew Broad said:

Washer pump toyota avensis which colour pump is front and which is rear? 

When I had to replace the pump on my Mk1 many years ago, The rear still worked, so I unplug one of the pumps, if still working then you found the broken pump. If good pump stopped working, then the other pump is faulty. Also to confirm the pump was faulty, I reversed the connectors. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links