Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light Up Badge

DeusMR2

Ok, some more info. for you guys.

The illuminated casing is a sealed unit around 2cms deep. The outside is gloss black with the charecters M, R and 2 unmasked. Inside is a semi metallic reflective sheet, silver for early ones, gold for later ones, which is what you see in daylight. Behind that is the electro-illuminescent sheet. When energised, the blue glow shines through the reflective sheet, thus making the letters appear blue.

R.S. don't stock the required transformer, but i have, i believe found a supplier.

The last complete unit i saw for sale fetched more than $700 on eBay.com just after Christmas.

Looks good. You will also need a voltage regulator since cars produce more like 14 odd volts and it isn't a smooth current. A reg will take it down to the required 12 and smooth it all out.

that eBay item looks promising...im gonan take off the Badge tomorrow and see if i can replace the metal(or is it palstic) MR2 sign and replace with some thin clear plastic. then its just a matter of getting this EL foil stuff and hooking it all up to maybe a relay for the 9v power supply and the car light switch

hi mate have a look at this web site they do have some stuff like the one you said but i dont know are they got the one on MR2 those word lighting click here!!!hope it will help you :thumbsup:

thanx mate! the EL stickers look nice, might try making some MR2 EL-glow labels for the rear quarter panels. Apaprently all you need is an inkjet printer, I downloaded an MR2 font a while ago too (how sad lol) so this could be interesting!Anyway i think that would look sweet at night!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links