Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Stress Crack

Edddd

Got my car last Friday (finally!! after the dealer promised my delivery for about a month!) and just discovered that there's a crack on my windscreen! :crybaby: :crybaby:

It's completely hidden from the driver's side as it's behind the mirror.

I haven't hit anything and the crack is smooth on the inside and outside.

Hence I am pretty sure that it is a stress crack.

Just wondering if anyone else got the same problem?

Well yes I have had this happen to me too and I asked the same question here on this site

My windscreen was perfect when I parked up in the drive and when I returned a large crack had appeared out of the blue a horizontal crack within the glass extending to approximately a meter starting from within the frame of the window pillar.

I know that it was not hit by anything as the glass far untouched on the outside with no visible point to start it off

This cost me £125 in windscreen excess and I was not happy at all needles to say Toyota were not interested

Hi David, yes I totally relate to that. I had to claim on my insurance policy as well! :angry2:

• 2 months later...

We had exactly the same problem when we first bought the IQ back home, I believed that the issue was a stress crack and therfore should be covered on warranty but the dealer was adamant that a stone caused it.

Had to claim on insurance too.

I had this on a mini a while ago. The dealership ran a felt marker along the crack to prove there was no snag from any kind of impact.

Once agreed it wasn't a stonechip, BMW sorted it under warranty.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links