Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Twin Turbo Mr2 On Ebay

Yarisboy

i've only heard of one twin turbo mr2 that exists and thats in the states and has two VATN turbines ( http://www.madpsi.net/PMR2.htm )

whats SARD??

Bang on...good memory ;) Sard make BOV's and a few other performance parts but Iv'e never known them to do turbos of ANY type!! Mind you they are quite a well devolped brand so would obviously have the $$ to do it. It's certianly possible that someone has custom made a twin turbo setup but quite unlikely. Would be nice if he'd at least included a pic of the engine bay!!

Cheers

KiwiMR2

It always amazes me, the amount of fuss people make about twin turbos. In reality, a twin turbo is pretty pointless on anything that is 2.0L or less. Yes they can provide more power, but are usually used sequentially in order to reduce lag i.e. one comes in at a lower rpm the next one at a higher point. Sometime they work together, but you will still be able to get similar performance from a single turbo, which is exactly what some Supra owners have done in the past. On a smaller engines, twin turbos can actually reduce performance.

This comes from several books i've red on the subject of turbo charging, written by top ralley tuners, what they say seems very logical....so don't get hung up on it.

Danm double posts - wish they had a delete button!! One for the forum upgrade???

Danm double posts - wish they had a delete button!! One for the forum upgrade???

Hmmm...what the heck did they do in the forum upgrade anyway?? now it ISN'T Netscape friendly :ffs: and IE SUX!!!

Sometime they work together, but you will still be able to get similar performance from a single turbo, which is exactly what some Supra owners have done in the past. On a smaller engines, twin turbos can actually reduce performance.[/

Agreed, the general trend with the SERIOUS drag racers is to ditch the twin and go for one big single...the GTO's, RX7's, & Supras all do it.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

What are your exact problems using Netscape? I only ask cos I'm a Mozilla man myself, and that has no problems at all. Since Mozilla is derived from Netscape, I would have though it would be ok. Have you tried Mozilla instead? I hate IE too, but find Mozilla an excellent substitute.

They do need to add a delete key though - it would reduce the amount of stuff they need to store on the server too ;)

What are your exact problems using Netscape? I only ask cos I'm a Mozilla man myself, and that has no problems at all. Since Mozilla is derived from Netscape, I would have though it would be ok. Have you tried Mozilla instead? I hate IE too, but find Mozilla an excellent substitute.

They do need to add a delete key though - it would reduce the amount of stuff they need to store on the server too ;)

Since the board went offline and came back on on SOME threads It DOESN'T load the WHOLE thread...it stops say 3 quarters of the way down half way through a post and I can't read it all :( It USED to work great (and is a HELL of a lot faster too) but now I have to have this forums as my homepage on IE and put up with slow loading :(

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links