Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Idle Adjustment

tarquin

Hello

I have an auto version and the tick over is a bit low.sometimes when put in reverse they drop to about 500 and have had it stall on me. Anyone know if the idle can be adjusted manually by a couple of hundred rev's or is it totally processor controlled

cheers

David

Have you looked at the condition of the air filter?

does it need replaced?

I think from your post you just recently bought it,

did the dealer not do a service before

you got it?

george

Have you looked at the condition of the air filter?

does it need replaced?

I think from your post you just recently bought it,

did the dealer not do a service before

you got it?

george

I George,

Your right I have had it about 3 weeks and yes they stamped the book at the time of purchase. It had about 12k on it. The trouble is it had only been with them 2 days before I bought it so I doubt they did anything to it other than clean it. The service book is new so no previous history.I know its 3 cylinder and a bit "lumpy" on idle and it "creeps" ok in drive, but I feel its a bit low. I picked it back up from them today after the recall mods had been done. I don't know if they washed the engine bay down but for the first time ever it started and then cut out. I started it again and it cut out after selecting reverse. The third time I started it seemed ok and have done about 20miles in it and it seems ok.Overall I think a slight increase in the rev"s would take away the "lumpy" feeling and leave a better head room for reverse.

David

tarquin,

from your other post in the 'recall' thread about the Aux belt breaking up,

i would be finding out from the Garage/dealer that supplied your iQ why the service book is stamped before you collected the vehicle as new to you if no actual inspection/service has been carried out.

I see that you had the vehicle in for 'recall' work on the brakes,

i am totally amazed that the Aux belt wasnt noticed & also that the vehicle left the workshop inclined to stall.

(well not amazed really, just it needs seen to, & them pulled up on it.)

Always good to have your 'local Trading Standards' phone number saved on your mobile phone when visiting the dealer,

if you dont get satisfaction, just ask the Executive Manager not the Service Manager if he minds if you make a quick call & he might like to speak to someone from your 'local Trading Standards office'.

I would have them take your vehicle in for a full service,

(at least the 10,000 mile service/checks need done & shown as been done at 12,000 miles) or Trading Standards can arrange to have it inspected by competent inspectors.

Thats unless you bought within Trade or 'as seen'.

It should be easy to get the vehicles service/maintance& 'recall work done' history from new, via the computer even when there is No Original Service book with the vehicle.

**The 'Replacement' Service book shouldnt be stamped if no actual service/inspection was carried out.**

Its a matter of safety, & important to anyone buying the vehicle from you in the future.

Rather more important for this work to get done/checked by a competent garage than having the cosmetic stuff like big wheels/tyres & fitting ipods conectors IMHO.

george

Hi George

Thanks for your input.

I now have The service history, After purchase, which was from the garage I purchased it from. It was serviced at 4700 and again at 10000 the latter,on the 10th of june this year. I purchased it on the 22nd of June.Up until quite recently, strange as it may seem I had not opened the bonnet. On about 3rd of July I began fitting DRL's in the grill's so had the bonnet open for wiring etc. I had a good look round and noticed the left hand edge of the AUX belt seemed to have an excess of woven material which hung slightly over the edge of the pulley. Was even thinking of trimming it off to make it look tidy.A week later I was in there again getting familiar where everything was, when I noticed the belt had started to perish, So it was only a short window that it had got worse. Yes, I do think it should have been spotted at the master cylinder replacement. I do have a good relationship with the staff but as with a lot of businesses, they do cover up their mistakes. When confronted, they apologise. Their stand on it is they think either it was a manufacturing fault with the belt (the extra webbing i spotted) or something from the road came up and hit it, because it had gouges diagonally across it when they took it off. Who knows. They claim the pulley's are aligned ok. I know I will be checking it every week for 2 months.As for (Mechanics) In garages, in my experience, they tend to be very familiar with normal routine servicing and general repair/replacing worn out faulty items and some diagnoses. As for my Ipod Aux socket installation, It should have been a simple panel removal and push fit lead etc.which anyone could do .The only reason I let them do it was I didn't want to scratch the consul.The trouble life is never that straight forward.they don't have a contingency plan when it doesn't work and no knowledge on how to test it.Again, they are in a lucky position to swop components /sensors til they find it by trial and error, generally at your cost.My general rant on another thread was pure frustration having to wait a day in the hope a new lead would solve the problem when I could have eliminated it or prove it in about 5mins. Thats life. Oh the reason for no service history was they couldn't put their finger on it!! so made a new one and would let me have it when it turned up.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links