Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

E11 Corolla Lowering

corollasr

looking at getting a set of lowering springs in the next month or so and want to lower the car by at least 40mm. can anyone suggest which springs to get and if i lower it up to 45mm will i still be able to run 16s without a problem

thanks in advance

ed

U running on 16 's now?

Im still on my 14's till can get some money in over summer after uni.

Im going to put my -35mm springs on in the summer, the guy that use to have them on ran on 16's.

Ross

running 14s at the mo and will be getting the 16s in the summer. will be scraping the ground as its quite low already.

was thinking lower than 35mm as i've seen that height asnd its ok but i think 40-45 would look better and would do wonders for the handling as my springs are really soft and on the way out

ed

I have a 40mm drop and im runnin on 17s and its fine. It looks really low and if you attempt to lower it over 40mm you will have to change the shocks as well. Trust me 40mm looks the biz.

jamosborne - was thinking that 40 is a good height. which springs did you buy and how much were they?

also how much is fitting?

and if its gonna be running on 14s for the next 6 months or so will it be a pain due to being that low?

cheers

ed

Ive not even tried the springs yet, bought them off a guy who had them on his old pre facelift. They are G-Max i think

i've found either apex or pi, apex is 35mm lower, PI is 40mm lower so i will probably go for the lower ones. £110 +postage for the PIs which sems pretty good value. just need to find somewhere cheap to fit them

ed

corollasr where did u see the springs cuz i wana get some aswell, i wana ask that if i lower it 40mm and put 17's on will i need to fold arches? etc or will it be fine ????

so if its 40mm lower with 17's wat will i need to change? any1???

asif, jamosborne has 17s lowered 40mm. saw the 40mm ones on passionmotorsport.co.uk

ed

dont think u'll need archwork as the arches on the rollas are amssive

They are Pi springs. I paid £95 for them and fitting cost £40. I drove about with 15s on for a while and it was fine the car has hardly been raised by puttin the 17s on so its no different.

In reply to the question about the arches yes they will be fine with 17s mineh avent rubbed once yet and ive had them on 4 months.

I got my springs from Fensport, 20% stiffer and 35mm drop than standard. They are very low at the back! I've got 17's on my car too. Check out my website if you want to see how it looks :thumbsup: click on the modifications page

I've only heard it rub once when I was giving it some down a bumpy country lane. Haven't had anyone in the back of it though as yet. I'm getting a rattle at the front passenger side. Don't know if the spring hasn't been fitted properly or the shocks on it's way out. I've got standard shocks for now.

As for wheels, it's important you get the right offset if you don't want much arch work. Mine are 42 offset and there's only about 1-2mm gap between the tyre wall and arch lip if that. Might take another 2mm off this summer when the weather is a bit better for doing that sort of thing.

Joe

well i know someone in the trade so i should be able to get the stuff at substantially cheaper prices and cheap labour. jamosborne thats a really good price, but on 14s it will be LOW and as i'm at school in kent i have to use a lot of bumpy lanes about the place, but if i do rip the bumper off it'll give me an exchuse to get a new one or to get new rims

jamosborne have you got any pics of your car lowered?

ed

No not at the moment sorry i've just had my windows tinted so i was waiting for that before i take some pictures. I will put them on asap.

About how low it will be on 14s, the only problem you will have is if you go over something like a speed bump, you will definitely hit your exhaust mine still does it now and it used to do it with just the standard exhaust on.

thats not too much of a problem as the bumps are quite low and i only have to go over one so it aint too bad. will get a slimline backbox when i get it and will mount it as high as poss to avoid scrapage

cheers and post some pics when you take them

and if its gonna be running on 14s for the next 6 months or so will it be a pain due to being that low?

As the overall diameter (wheel & tyre) should be constant even when you upgrade your wheels, you shouldn't find that the car is any lower on 14" than on 16". Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links