Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Door Speakers In Ae111

chris_g6

could any one help me!?! i am trying to fit some phenix gold mids in my front doors and can not see how you get to the speaker :angry: .

While I cannot give you perfect advice on this as my car hails from another country and another Corolla generation, I shall try. First of all, remove any and all visible screws in the door handle area and armrest area. If there are none visible from the armrest area, you may have to pop off the top part of the armrest, easily accomplished with a flat screwdriver wrapped in a towel. If you have electric windows, then you will have to pry the switch up and unplug it from the electrical connector. If you have crank windows, then you can remove the pin holding the crank handle to the regulator by working a towel back and forth up underneath the handle itself. Try to have someone have their hand on the opposite side of the handle to prevent the pin from becoming a projectile into the next town (I have had a pin fly over 12 metres away). Then, using the same screwdriver wrapped in a towel, work around the edge of the door panel and pry the door panel away from the door until a nearby retainer clip lets go and the door panel pops out in that area. Then, the door panel can be lifted nearly vertically up so the top lip can clear the top of the door. The speaker bracket will be held in via a number of screws. The speaker plugs into one harness inside the door as it snakes its way around the plastic watershield, then goes into the car body via a rubber boot (also containing wires for central locking and/or electric windows if equipped). The easiest way for me was to remove the kick panel on that side and unplug the speaker harness at both ends, then pull the boot through, then feed new speaker wires through it. It's much easier than trying to feed wires through when they're in the door, but then again my car has neither central locking nor electric windows, so there were no other wires in the boots. Of course, if you're using stock speaker wiring, this part doesn't apply.

Any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links