Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Here's The New Addition

Dame

Here it is, this is the car I bought for £200!!! Looking a bit muddy, but I'm sure you'll agree she's a fine example, and a steal for the money!!

white_mr2.sized.jpg

white_mr2_1.sized.jpg

white_mr2_2.sized.jpg

Edited by jerry phipps

How the monkeys did you get that for £200!!!!

Very very good bargin!

Well it's a long (ish) story, but basically, it belonged to the husband of my ex-boss at work. He was driving the car home one night a couple of years ago and it blew out a spark plug. The AA came out, removed the washer from the plug and did a temporary fix. He simply drove it home and went out and bought a new Mini. I saw the car a year ago, when he was deciding what to do with it..... Anyway, a year later and my ex-boss want's her garden back, so asked me if I was interested. I said yes and offered £200.

I've had to collect the car, which cost £50 and had to buy a new rear window (the locks were rusted solid initially so I had to break it to get in) - £20. There is a tiny piece of superficial rust on the passenger door and the rear bumper has a knock and the driver's side plastic panel has a scrape. Hoever, I used to do a lot of bodywork repair and spraying, so this does not present a problem. I'm hoping to get the engine plug hexicoiled (new thread and insert) and the car needs an new alternator (the old one has seized). Apart from that, she's abosolutely fine, even starts - well did, the coil has just given up, but no major hassle there.

Bit of rust to fix in the engine bay i.e. needs a new engine heat sheild, but apart from that, generally in excellent condition. Will need a couple of new tyres, wipers, oil changes etc. but heck that's just routine maintenace.

Well for those who are interested, I will be writing an entire project diary and putting it up on my site. I'll let you know when I have it done.....you can follow the project then :)

Good luck, cant wait to see how you get on,

Question how come some people have two Mr2's and I havent even got 1????(sorry, im just really jealous)

Um.... I call it hard work, hard saving and a little bit of luck. I also an obsession with keeping both cars as standard as possible. Lots of poeple will literally spend thousands on mods (see Jimlad's post, thinking of spending £4,500 on uprated engine parts alone!). I don;t feel that this money will ever be recouped. My only outgoings are servicing and maintaining the things!

Once the car is complete, it's going over to the other half, who will be responsible for her upkeep, though I plan to carry out all the servicing.

Hey, I really like you're Corolla. Lovely colour. I used to have one myself, it was a cracking car. Don't worry. If you want an MR2, just start saving. You'll get there eventually :).

Now thats a bargain there mate. Look forward to see it all restored mate :thumbsup: Oh hope you didn't mind me editing your pic's ;)

jerry!!

Jerry, I've noticed you've edited my post and added the pics to the album. Thanks for that mate, I thought the only was to post was to link from external web space?

FIzz, how did you get on with the one Ryan was viewing for you? I would have offered myself, but I;ve been away a lot on work related stuff and just don't have any time at the moment :(. It's audit season again!

Jerry no problem editing the pics, they look much better now they're at a decent size. I should have done this myself really, but they looked ok at 1600 x 1200.

FIzz, how did you get on with the one Ryan was viewing for you? I would have offered myself, but I;ve been away a lot on work related stuff and just don't have any time at the moment :(. It's audit season again!

Jerry no problem editing the pics, they look much better now they're at a decent size. I should have done this myself really, but they looked ok at 1600 x 1200.

That ****** who is sellin the tubby has not got back to me with an address.. and never answers his phone.. and never returns messages! :censor:

Why mess people about if you really want to sell ya car? ******!

Fingers crossed though mate, I might have something up my sleve mate... Watch this space... :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about that, but..... sounds like you might have something soon ..... :)

Cool just glad to help mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Cheers :). I'm trying to make it sound as interesting as possible. it will be even better once I get the photos up :).

nice games on ur website hehe, dynamite dan remidns me of some game i had ages ago, dangerous dave or something?? loved that game!

I might even get around to finishing them some day. Unfortunately, i;ve just got too many professional qualifications to study for at the moment :(, and the new addition :).

what u need to do dame is get a different front bumper and sell me the drivers foglight, and get some nice adjustable suspension (maybe coilover) and sell me the drivers front bilstein! :D :thumbsup:

Lol you wish! :)

:D

ah well, cant blame a man for trying :lol:

Just what I thought when I offered £200 for the car!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links