Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apexi.........

Lee 1

Well, I received my 'Apexi Power Intake' today and fitted it this afternoon.

Although the instructions were in Japanese, the diagrams were good enough to go by.

I had a little bit of a problem fitting one of the 2 brackets (the one that screws onto the engine itself) although one bracket seems to secure it enough anyway.....

The sound????

AWESOME.... not too loud but very grunty! :drool:

Performance????

Definately more responsive thats for sure! :thumbsup:

So all in all, a quality bit of kit - well worth the money!

Id just like to take this opportunity to thank Kevin at Envy performance for sorting out the group buy and for supplying the kit.

Thanks again mate :thumbsup: :D

Lee

:yes::yes:

Lee wen i got my pipercross it took bout a week 4 it 2 make a noise at all so just wait a week or so and then tell us how it sounds again, i think it needs time 2 bed itself in or sumthin!

Is it lookin good and do u think it will fit straight on2 a 1 litre? Kevin from ENVY thinks it will but i'm not 2 sure (sorry Kevin)!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Not too sure whether it will fit straight onto th 1.0L as i aint seen the engine bay.....

I took me about an hour to fit, but thats because im useless at things like this!!

Lee

i think it needs time 2 bed itself in or sumthin!

errr no, shouldn't do. it does its job immeidately, as in it sucks more air from the word go. only things that need bedding in are zorsts cos they sound better once coked up. Induction kits should make a difference straight away, but the sound is different on difference cars. The k&n on my esocrt sounded beffy, the hks on my car allows the recirc dv to be heard, and the hks on the mrs tsport is kinda somewhere between the two.

Id just like to take this opportunity to thank Kevin at Envy performance for sorting out the group buy and for supplying the kit.

Thanks again mate :thumbsup: :D

Lee

:yes::yes:

Pleased you like it! Glad I could be of service. Maybe I could organise a group buy on exhausts now :D

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Lee when you took out your air box did you leave the bracket in place which isbolted to the bottom of your air box as I fitted my Apexi at the weekend

Hi there mate, im not really sure what you mean. I took the whole airbox out. The only thing that was left is a black plate at the bottom (with 3 holes for screws) - is that what you are on about? if so, i just left that in place, as there was no need to take it off......

Hope that helps <_<

Lee

Hi Lee yeah thats it mate I took mine out thats all thanks again

Yeah, it is in a different possition to the above picture posted by ratus.

Yours will be sucking in warmer air than the one posted by ratus will it not?

No, its in the same posistion as the above picture..... Which picture where you looking at by the way? You'll find its only fitted to the 'blue' Yaris in that picture, none of the other photos are Yaris..... (mine is in the same place!)

Im affraid this is the way its supposed to be fitted, and yes it will be sucking in hot air, but ive fitted a 4'' cold air-feed which should make abit of difference........ im also thinking of fitting a heat-shield :thumbsup:

Lee

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links