Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Luggage Divider

MrsG

I'm currently looking into an iq3, but the dealers I've been to so far have been pretty useless. Can anyone tell me if the iq has an option for some kind of net or similar to separate the boot from the passenger compartment? I have no intention of using the back seats so they would be permanently lowered to give more boot space but I couldn't see anything in the brochure that would stop tins of beans flying forward under braking!

Thanks

Hi Mrs G

I think we've all got that problem !! Toyota only provide a 'tonneau cover' which covers the luggage area from prying eyes when the seats are lowered (kept in place by press-studs), but nothing to cover the apertures created when the seats are fully folded.

We get around the 'flying cans of beans' issue by leaving the headrests in place when lowering the back seats. This way they recline to an angle of around 45 degrees before the headrests make contact with the front seats. The space behind the semi-reclined back seats provides room for around 4 carrier bags of groceries (and these bags have nowhere to go under braking !!).

Dave

Folding & compartmental boot liners,Luggage Dividers etc are readily available in almost all car parts retailers & also Supermarket & food stores,online.

(even Halfords if feeling like spending more than needs be)

Ice Hockey/sports/wet sports locker/holdall bags are a very hand addition to iq ownership for when the rear seats are being left unused.

For the summer I currently have one seat up & one down with the seat behind the passenger filled with a Large Cool Bag, Tesco large 'Green bag' priced @ 85 pence behind my seat..Tonneau cover fitted in place

george

you can get a bit of kit called a 'boot buddy' that sorts your flying tins issue. I keep my rear seats permanently down and have the iq floor liner on them. if we do the shopping on a saturday with it , i take 2 or 3 plastic fold down crates to put the loose stuff in, and wine carriers for the bottles and an electric cool box for the cold stuff.

Thier is a cargo net available, Well I saw the fitting instructions for it on the Technical Download site that is available on the Toyota website, so presume it's available.

Thier is a cargo net available, Well I saw the fitting instructions for it on the Technical Download site that is available on the Toyota website, so presume it's available.

You are correct. A net is available. But it only sits across the space behind the rear seats and is therefore for small items only. It will not prevent bags of groceries flying around when the seats are lowered.

Dave

• 3 months later...

This is what we did, well, the photo's show what our solution is to the problem. We also have the seats down all the time, but this way, if you need to carry one more person, it's easy to lift the plastic box and put it in the other one. Also, I stuck the sticky/bristly side of some stick-on velcro onto the bottom of the plastic boxes to stop them from sliding around when loaded with shopping essentials. We got the boxes from a local shopping market, but you can find this type of box in various sizes from places like BandQ, The Range, Dunhelm and many other places. Ours cost a few quid each, a good investment.

post-113536-0-54397900-1322085317_thumb.post-113536-0-39091600-1322085342_thumb. Simples!

Yes I brought one of those, but decided not to fit it in the end.

I bought one, don't know why but I still thought it went across the edge of the folded seatsshutup.gif

I fitted it any way and it holds my can of de-icer and scraper. Stops them rolling about and making a noise yahoo.gif

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links