Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owners

1987scott

Hi everyone,

Just joined the site as come Friday me and the mrs will be the proud new owners of our Toyota IQ-2 that we deposited today. Looking forward to getting the car but just wondered if you had any advice or information on the car.

:-) Thanks,

Thanks good to be here :-) Seems like I should learn alot from everyone here

• 2 weeks later...

I've only filled mine up with petrol once, done over 110 miles and the gauge still reads full which I'm quite happy with.

I've only filled mine up with petrol once, done over 110 miles and the gauge still reads full which I'm quite happy with.

If it is like my gauge your first block is just about to vanish! (usually between 110 and 120 miles if I fill it right up)

hi

ignore the idiot light that tells you when to change gear, else you spend your life changing gear, unless you've got an auto.

Dont worry when the last bar on the guage starts flashing,you've got about 80-100 mls left in the tank(dizzee is the expert on that one).

Start to think IQ size when it comes to storage, Wilkinson do some natty faux leather boxes that fit in the gap between the front seats and QD do some cheap flat palstic boxes that'll go under the seat.

And start to think about interior lighting for the dark mornings, personally I've got a 24LED torch velcro'd to the grab handle above the drivers door that sticks just nicely to the head lining.

there is a £95 arm rest with storage, that can fit between the seats and you can wire in extra interior lights , all the info is in this site somewhere, all depends on your budget and time resource.

they're a magic motor though, still dont know which one i prefer the IQ or my old RAV

tony

We have had ours over a week now and reading everyones reviews seem to be appearing the same problem if anyone can help me. First bar went after about 120 miles then 60 miles ish there after until when we have 2 bars left. Mrs came home said we need fuel cars flashing I got in it to out and had 2 bars again, only to drive 5 miles down the road too see it was flashing like hell. Is this a common fault that everyone else seems to be getting.

Off our first fill up we got 325ish miles with the mpg reading 52.7 when I filled it up.

I guess Toyota would refer to this as 'a characteristic'.

All iQ fuel gauges behave the same, so I guess we can't call it a fault (it looks like the gauge has been designed to behave this way).

As long as you fill up within 30 miles of the light flashing then you shouldn't have a problem.

Surely it's better to have it behave this way than staying on one bar for 100 miles (if that was the case you wouldn't have a clue when you were close to empty).

Dave

You just get used to the gauge & know to be safe you need fuel after 300 miles since the last fill.

Or before 60 miles when the block flashes.

I dont see it as a problem its one of the easiest vehicles to work out.

32 litre flat tank in the bottom of the car, so the gauge is not acurate.

32 ltr (7 gallons)in the tank & another gallon at least in the pipe if you are brimming it.

50 mpg & after 300 miles it takes 6 gallons, (still) 1 gallon at least in the tank & a gallon that was in the pipe.

you are good for 50 miles at least, but more likely 100 miles.

safe 400 mile range if getting 50 mpg or better.

350 miles easy if doing 42 mpg which i have never dropped below no matter how hard i have been driving.

it is supposed to be 10 litres of a fueling and the 'AVG'mpg will reset,

i find it often takes 14 litres if the forecourt has a slope.

george

Thanks guys that makes it easier, must agree with your George even though I thrash it worst is about 45mpg which I am still happy with to be honest.

bring back good old fashioned analogue fuel guages, i say. If you look closely at the last block, next to it is a small R , and i suppose thats meant to mean 'reserve' so just treat it as such, a reserve amount.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links