Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clio Again

acemiko

:angry: was behind a new clio today bloke my age drivin doing the thing where you let the car in front pull away then speed up to it i thought it was done for my benafit so when the dual carrage way came up i thought i would leave him for dust (sorry) but i did bite . did'nt mean to but i thought ts - bog standard clio no match :wacko: But then i blinked and he had gone wtf i thought they only did a 1.4 & 1.6 bog car not talking about the 2.0 sport thing but where did i go wrong? :cacker: well will look into a clio next or a type-r if this is going to happen lol :D

it weren;t blue with gold wheels? and maybe williams written over it?

of the 172? there are several 2 litre versions.

hahaha reminds me of a guy near my home who used to drive a BMW 318 and I used to tease him with my Micra and Merc. One morning, he came up to me and even though I ran up to 90 mph, he could still easily run up and behind me. when I motioned him to pass, found he had switched to a 330.

found he had switched to a 330.

oops :lol:

i pla with those sometimes, but its not really any fun, as they are somewhat slow in comparisson so if i'm gonna have a aply i'll do it with a m3, but thats boring cos in a straight line its a stale mate. :huh:

!Removed! Clio's :!Removed!:

A buddy of mine had one, crashed it last wk at slow speed, crumpled like a bag of crisps!...................write off.

So what did he do? Went and got another! Aarrrghh

I looked into a 172 cup, nice, then realsised is was a Renault Clio.

Dont ask............

Believe me them 172's can shift......... i see one every morning on my to work and hes always !Removed! the a*** off it hinting for a race. I tried once and failed miserably - never tried it since........... :(

I really can't understand/condone the slagging of clio's that goes on in here...

the 172 would pretty much humiliate the yaris tsport and a fair few other toyotas at that.

I bet half the people on here who talk bad about them have never driven them, or if they have, not the good ones. i.e. 2.0 172 etc.

Let's see what bad things you have to say about the 3.0 V6 clio then...

predictable replies: 'it's a clio' 'ugly' 'too expensive' 'blah blah blah'

sam

My last two cars were both Clio RSi's (1.8) - they're reasonable insurance, ridiculously quick and the handling was superb - much better than my Yaris SR (what can I do to improve it?!).

The best thing about them was that they looked pretty much like a standard Clio until you look a bit closer (tiny spoiler, side skirts etc), so I don't think I ever went on the motorway once without somebody tring to race me - nobody seems to like being overtaken by a bog standard clio (especially Saxo's and Golfs)! It was very rare that anybody caught up though - usually just scoobies and stuff like that.

Not very reliable at all though. I use my car mainly for short journeys and they just don't like it - both of them ended up juddering and cutting out on me all the time, and the Renault garage didn't have a clue what was wrong with 'em (and tried charging me stupid amounts to replace parts of the engine that 'might' help it - I fell for it with the 1st car too, but as soon as the 2nd one starting doing it, I part exed it for my Yaris, so I'm happy now!

I really can't understand/condone the slagging of clio's that goes on in here...

the 172 would pretty much humiliate the yaris tsport and a fair few other toyotas at that.

I bet half the people on here who talk bad about them have never driven them, or if they have, not the good ones. i.e. 2.0 172 etc.

Let's see what bad things you have to say about the 3.0 V6 clio then...

predictable replies: 'it's a clio' 'ugly' 'too expensive' 'blah blah blah'

sam

Sure they drive fine. But the build quality is pants. The panels flex, front wings made of plastic (nxt time u see a clio push the fron wings!..... serious)

Yes the 172 would outdo a tsport.... not arguing.

As for the 3.0 V6, slow as p00h. Where did all that power go? Looks nice. How much?..........eeek :blink: Rather have a Evo 8.

clio 3.0. too slow for a small car with a huge engine. i was in my a4 (1.8t quattro)coming back from work the other day and i got smoked by a ibiza cupra with the same engine. ***** it was quick i had no chance. but the next day i went in the TT and (lol) no fcuking chance. bloddy boy racers.

Let's see what bad things you have to say about the 3.0 V6 clio then

look gorgeous. but agree they are slow for the power they seem to be putting out.

but then, none of the clios are quick as standard. Nippy maybe, but hardly quick. And by quick, i mean sub 5 secs to 60, i don;t think any of em can do this??

and yeah, its a renault, nuff said.

Jap all the way!!! :thumbsup:

well they're not that slow really are they, i know several porsche 911 owners who have driven those 3.0 clio's, their verdict was 'massive fun, just not as fast as the 911'.

and tiktok i don't think your opinion on what's 'fast' actually counts, you drive a scoobaru R type which pretty much makes you 99% quicker than anything else :P

at the end of the day, there are VERY few cars that will hit 0-60 in less than 5 seconds STANDARD.

Asides from a couple of scoobaru's and evo's you have to be spending above £60k to get that performance from new cars.

the clio's 0-60 of 6 seconds certainly isn't slow by any means... easily puts it into contention with the R32, S3's and S4's, M3's, M5's, etc etc, blah blah

Anyway, since when did 0-60 matter?? it's just a theoretical figure, to achieve the manufacturers booktimes you'd basically have to be a robot, with barely any fuel in the car, the spare wheel and rear seats removed etc

It comes down to how much fun your car is, or how much you enjoy it... and the 3.0 clio's figures still make it approximately 80% faster than anything else you can buy today.

you drive a scoobaru R type

i wish. mine sa catalunya, low powered uk car. if you ever got to have a go in a type r, mine would be very sluggish in comparison.

t's just a theoretical figure, to achieve the manufacturers booktimes you'd basically have to be a robot, with barely any fuel in the car, the spare wheel and rear seats removed etc

it is indeed a theorectical figure, but only for 2wd cars, you need not remove anything from scoobs, evo's or 4wd skylines to achieve the book figure. Its only lack or grip that causes the problem.

the clio's 0-60 of 6 seconds certainly isn't slow by any means... easily puts it into contention with the R32, S3's and S4's, M3's, M5's, etc etc, blah blah

i thought its figures where in the 6's??? thats certainly ont up with m3 or m5.

as you say, the figures mean little, even 1/4 mile, it does all depend on what ya want. If i wanted a quick straight line car, a scooby would not be a good choice, but its good at what it does, twisties, wet, mud, gravel etc.

So, it all comes down to what you want outta the car.

But the clio? na, its french. :lol: Yaris = Jap. Nuff said. :P

the 172 clio would destroy a yaris but they are terrible to drive with the worst seating position ive ever had to get along with - a physical version of ergonomic torture as far as im concerned

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links