Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Opinions

Mister2

hi all.. mm.. i notice that all of u guys are track people, so that must mean u know a lot about the right kind of suspension... im short in cash so i cant get anything fancy like a full coilover kit or anything.. jes sumthing simple like springs and shocks.. mm.. ohh yeah... my wheel gap is seriously like.. two fingers together... sooo if these suspension mods lower my car... would i have to cut into the wheel wells to fit my wheels?? its funny actually.. i have a small wheel gap but my ride height is like.. 6 inches from the ground!

I've heard of a Bilstein Sprint Kit for the MR2. Curtis from Powerstation in Cheltenham suggested I fit these shocks come next change. They're not cheap though, £150 a piece plus fitting brings it to a grad total of around £800.

TBH with suspension, you're going to be looking at large figures anyway.

It can be done cheap if you manage to hook up a good deal....recently I scored some B&G lowering springs for $22.00 GBP :o and got some FACTORY Gen III Blistens with only around 40,000 km's on them for $89.00 GBP's, I'll admit I have held out for a LONG time waiting for a good deal but if you can your bound to find something :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I suppose it depends on how much of a hurry you're in.... I'm weary of second hand suspension parts, however, if you know what to look for, I guess they could be a sound investment!

I suppose it depends on how much of a hurry you're in.... I'm weary of second hand suspension parts, however, if you know what to look for, I guess they could be a sound investment!

I suppose...with shocks you need to be cardful but spring are springs...there either ok of buggered and it takes a fair bit to damage springs. With me I had confirmed the LOW km's on the shocks and a mate hooked me up.....came of a damaged 98 MR2!!

On a side note I dunno if it's worth it to import but a friend has just transplanted a Gen III 3SGTE into one of the limited edition BEAMS MR2's (USED to have the beams in it) and is selling it for $17,995 NZD's...convert it to gbp and it's probably a good deal if anyone knows anyone who's intrested.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thank u for some options.. im not really in a hurry to find some.. i jes wanted to knoe which brands were pretty good..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links